chapter 17: the talk

Skyler's P.O.V.

Damn I love chicken nuggets.

and McDonald's has the best ones.

I wolfed down the chicken nuggets and was drinking some water when my mate came into the room.

I nearly choked because I cant believe that this man... this god of a man is my mate.

he came over and sat next to me, looking at me and smiling.

"why are you looking at me like that?"

he got amused and said

"you're beautiful, that's why. " 

seriously my dude... I was eating chicken nuggets like it was the only thing left on earth, and that's beautiful ?

I cant tell if he loves me or if his standards are just really low.

I drink the rest of my water and put the glass down. His voice startled me

"so, are we going to talk here or would you like to go to the Livingroom ?"

I was hoping he would forget about that...

I thought for a second and said that I would prefer the living room. maybe I wont die of embarrassed...

(get it, you can't die in the Living room? ok, I'll stop)

he gets up and holds out his hand for me to take, I take it and he helps me up. he's so chivalrous. he leads  me to the living room. it is wonderfully styled, rustic with a modern twist. it's perfect. I notice that his hand was still in mine. they fit together perfectly. I sat on the big couch and he took the single seater across from me, much to my disappointment.

"ok kitten, I want to know everything"

I hesitated, everything? I don't know what to say... like that is so vague... do you want to know my favourite color or my childhood trauma. pick a lane.

my wolf scolds me for thinking like this so I ask him to ask me questions.

we talked for maybe a hour and I told him my favourite color (blue), food (chicken nuggets) , activities (reading and drawing) and more basic questions... until he asked the one question I was hoping he wouldn't ask...

"how did you become a rouge?"

I felt like running away, crying, hiding....

all of the above.

He could probably tell that this wasn't a easy question and he stood up and came to sit next to me. he put his arm around me and I instinctively leaned into him. this man is intoxicating. he told me that I didn't need to tell him if I wasn't ready, but I need to... I cant keep secrets from my mate, even if it might be to much for him...

I hope he doesn't leave me because of James... that would utterly destroy me.

I take a deep breath and my wolf reassures me that he will be understanding.

so I told him... I told him about James, my dad selling me and the breaking my ribs, how I was running from James and that I visited my brother but I had to stop because of the risk. I told him about my time as a rouge, everything. I was looking down the whole time I was talking, plying with my fingers and the bottom of my... his shirt. when I was done, I noticed that his arm wasn't around me anymore so I looked up and his eyes were pitch black. he was shacking and I would sense the emotions radiating off him, the rage, the sheet power of it was enough to make my wolf want to submit and beg for forgiveness for a crime we didn't commit.

I was scared of him... I was terrified. he didn't look at me, although if he did I might actually cry because he looked like he was about to kill something. I moved back a bit and he tilted his head to my direction and I froze, I instinctively gave a whimper and I noticed that I was shaking in fear... I was petrified... I didn't know why. he isn't a normal alpha, he cant be... the sheer power and the scent he's releasing is far stronger than a normal werewolf alpha.

I looked at him and he finally looked me in the eyes... they changed and I gasped... what alpha has red and black eyes...

he seemed to realise something because his eyes turned back to solid black and his wolf, Xavier, spoke.

"we need to leave for a bit, I'm trying to contain him but I'm struggling. we will be back when he cooled down."

and with that he bolted out of the door and I heard him shift... he left

I cried

------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope y'all like it.

any guesses on what Kane is ?