Chapter 21: The hunt

James P.O.V.

It's been 2 months... 2 months since I last saw my perfect, soon to be mate.

Her tracks went cold and my trackers can't find her.
In the last month, I overthrew the alpha and became the new one. I changed some things around the pack.

I know Skylers brother has been in contact with her and I was so close once to finding her and making her the new Luna. But she got wind of me almost finding her and she disappeared.
Her brother is in the new dungeons that I built and he hasn't cracked yet... he will.

As for her family, her mother seemed to not know anything so I let her be, her father... he's also in the dungeons, he was the alpha after all and well... I can't just kill him... not yet
He's my bargaining tool, to make her come back.

My new beta, Ash, came into my office and informed me that they found her scent and tracked her heading south.
I smiled, she sure likes playing hard to get. She'll learn her place, I have my ways.

I get up and tell him to take over things here, I'll go looking for her myself this time. No one else seems to be competent enough to do so. I don't know how long I'll be gone for... but I'll come back, eventually.

I head to my room.... well... our room. It has a beautiful picture of her hanging on the wall.
Perfection.
I grab the keys to her brothers cell. I don't trust anyone to keep them... he was a very liked member of this pack. And it took some "convincing" to let the other pack members know their place and to not question me.

I walk over to his cell... pack members bowing as I pass and I love it. This is what I deserve, this is what she deserves.

"Hello mutt"

Her brother, Luke, glared at me, his chains rattling around his neck and the burn marks that the silver causes flashes from beneath.

"What do you want."

I grin, and kick him in his already broken ribs.

"The location of my mate, we found her scent heading south. I know you know where she is, tell me."

He spits and coughs blood, satisfaction radiates from me. I will be respected.

"Never."

Oh well... I'll have some fun for a bit then. I shift and he also tries to... he can't, wolfsbane does that to a werewolf.

After about a hour of me... having fun, I leave. He's alive... barely. Just as I like it.

I head back to my room and pack a small bag of essentials. After that, I go to my office to finalize some paper work and to examine my map of where we looked and try to pinpoint where she would go.

"Where are you hiding my mouse?"

I settle on looking more south than before and I mind linked Ash that I will be gone for a month or two.
"Yes alpha."
Was all I got as a response, no questions asked, just loyalty and obedience. Perfect.

"Alpha! One of the prisoners escaped!"

Fucking idiots can't even keep a locked dog at bay.

"Who?"

I don't much care for the rouges but just in case it was a high value prisoner, I'd like to know who.

"... Luke."

Well fuck... I quickly run to his cell, it's... open ?
My keys... theirs still in the cell... I didn't open it or leave them here, someone must have stolen them from my room.

I kill the guards on duty... I will not have weak failures and traitors in my pack. Whatever. I would follow his tracks, but knowing him, he's probably smart enough to cover it, I've seen him train and I know he's an expert at hiding his scent.

No matter, I'll find Skyler and if he happens to be there, I'll kill him and stuff his head to mount on the dungeons wall as a warning.

After making sure that everything was in order, I shift and head south. The adrenaline rushes through me at the thought of my future mate.

She'll be so happy, if she's not... I'll make her happy.

I'm coming for you my darling, I'll make you mine.

The hunt is on.