Part 22: Escape

Luke's P.O.V.

fuck... he found her scent. How has she not learned to cover it.

That bastard will hunt her down and.. god knows what he'll do to her.

I look up at the guards as they enter. I feel so weak and helpless... I was the top fighter god damn it!

James did a number on me... but it's nothing I can't heal from, and plus, I have a sister and family to protect.

My father lost his spirit along with his title, he's no use to us in this state.

The guards... their... unlocking the door ? I concentrate on their faces, it's two men I went to school with, trained with and fought along side with. How did they get the key?

One of them.. his name escapes me... he undoes my chains and gives me a bag.

"Captain Luke, we cannot let him win, please, take this and run. Find your sister and bring a army back with you... we need James to be stoped and I can't follow a alpha who forces some poor woman to be a Luna... it's insanity"

He spoke with such emotion... he knows his fate.

"How did you get the key soldier ?"

"One of the maids snuck it from his room, but don't worry, the pack has your back captain."

I look at them... I can't wait time... so I nod and say a brief goodbye...
They saved my life.

And I run. I can't shift and my wounds stung as I ran. Luke didn't do as much damage as he thought... he seemed too forget that wolfsbane does weaken me... but it makes a person bleed more and that's where he fucked up. Where he thinks I'm badly hurt and clinging to life... I merely have a few deep cuts and bruises.

Plus I'm the son of a alpha, I last.

I head south, pushing as hard as I can and the lack of silver feels great on my now healing burns. The wolfs bane will take a day or two to wear off... that's fine.

I hide my scent from him using the contents of the bag... where did they get this ? Only witches make scent hiding perfumes...

The length those men went... I hope their deaths are swift.

I pass the border by night fall... sky told me she was heading south but... I don't know where... I'll find you, and I'll protect you sis.

I ran for a day and I picked up a faint hint of her scent, gotcha.

Luck is on my side and Luke is probably on my tail...

I make camp for a few hours, the wolfs bane is almost gone.

We'll see how that asshole likes it when I'm also in wolf form, fighting back.

I won't hold back, the things he said he'll do to her... forcing a mark on someone? That's fatal... unless he has a way of preventing it from killing her...

Fuck...

I need to rest, I'll continue in a few hours.

Sis... please be safe.

- time skip -

Ok... she definitely entered this pack...

The crescent moon pack... fuck sky... out of all the packs... why this one?

Ok... I can't go in because I won't be coming out... alive anyway...

So I sit down a few feet from the border... and do the one thing I can think of to get someone's attention...

I howl... a few times.

The I just wait, yes it was risky and yes James might have heard... but there is no way he could get in here.

God please be safe.

After a few moments I hear footsteps approaching so I stand up and prepare for whatever comes next.

3 guards appear out of nowhere, damn their trained well.

One of them spoke.

"Rouge, why have you summoned us... do you have a death wish?!"

He spat his words, laced with venom and dripping with threat.

I spoke calmly.

"I am here for my sister, I believe she is in your pack, I can smell her scent going into your territory."

He scoffed.

"And who would that be rouge? She's either dead or in the dungeon"

Sky... dead ?

No... she can't be.

I look at him and look at the other two. I cleared my throat and spoke clearly, trying to hide my fear... the fear that my sister is dead.

"Her name is Skyler"

And then... they weren't smirking anymore...

What the fuck happened to her?

———————————————————-