Surprise

Your not sure how you were able to make it to work on time the next day but by some miracle you arrived. You started to head towards your usual area when a very large hand appeared in front of your face holding an espresso. "Mmm give me!" You say reaching for it instantly. Toji's low chuckle assaulted your ears and you cursed God for making such a beautiful tempting sound. "Thanks new boss!" You say gleaming up at him.

"How did your dinner go?" He asked as you both walked.

"It was fine. Did you need me to do something?" You ask confused on why he was following you.

"Actually your role is more of a supervisor position now so there is no need to go about your usual routine. If something complicated comes up then you should handle it. I actual wanted to go over some business plans with you." He says and you stop abruptly. That made you a bit upset. You found so much comfort working on cars during the day. It was your form of therapy. You take a sip of coffee to hide your frown. But Toji notices your demeanor shift.

"I know you enjoy what you did. But your talent was being wasted. I spoke with all the mechanics here and they agreed with me. Your friend Sukuna said you literally amazed him. I want to talk with you about a new venture. Will you give it consideration?" He explains. You nod and follow him to his office now a bit intrigued.

His desk was littered with papers and you could tell he was a bit flustered by whatever situation he was talking about. "I'm here to help! What's up?" You say cheerfully. He plops down on his chair running his hands through his hair.

"I'm good at making people money. Hence why I was brought in but sometimes the details get a bit to much. This shop has been doing ok but it will be better now that we got rid of that scum boss you had before. He was funneling money into his pocket. Which we took care of. But your friends family wants more." He continues to talk and you listen intently. You knew Satoru's family were powerful and rich but you did not realize how tough they could be to deal with. Throwing idea after idea to Toji and expecting him to run with it.

"Ok so the shop is good. But they want to franchise? Also sponsor a racer? And possible get into manufacturing? Jesus! This is not ambition this is chaos." You say once he finished giving you the information. He found himself laughing even though you could tell he was a bit overwhelmed. "First boss I need you to take in a deep breath and slowly breath out." You add and he does as instructed. "Better?" And he grins his green eyes were full of amusement.

You both go through the paperwork and begin mapping out a game plan. It was not as bad as you had thought it would be. The ventures were interesting. So you found yourself easily distracted by all of the information. Occasionally you would feel Toji's gaze as you worked but you decided it best to ignore it.

"So our thoughts have been organized!" You stand up and exclaim. The day had almost come to a close. You both had been so busy that lunch was delivered. It lay amongst the small amount of disheveled papers.

"Y/N you are invaluable! Thank you!" Toji shouts putting out his hand for a high five. You laugh as you return it. "I will have to travel a bit with some of these plans and I would be honored if you joined me. It will be a bit hectic but I need that brain of yours." You look down away from his excited features. You enjoyed being home. You never once thought of traveling the world before. Your best friends were here. But with the current situation maybe this is what you needed. You did not want to agree just to escape but you knew that it would be easier this way. Was this just an excuse not to confront your problems?

"I am not saying you have to decide today. But you would be an asset to me." Toji interrupted your thoughts and you glance at the time.

"I'll think about it. Thank you for the opportunity. Honestly I really appreciate it." You say and he holds up his hand.