Toji Angst

Might develop this into something more but for now just be sad with me...

"Toji..." The soft gentle voice always carried a sense of calm and reassurance he never deserves. The smooth silky feel of her hand caressing his face. "You are going to be alright."

When he looks over at her, the smile he finds is simple. It doesn't shine brightly but it matches who she is. Even though he knows that his world is falling apart at the seams, the look on her face makes him truly believe otherwise. It's strange his eyes seem to be watering, but no worry her thumb quickly moves to dry them.

"What have you done now?" The way she asks is not condescending or judging, more like a general how are you. Toji does not answer right away, he pulls her closer. She allows him without resistance. He places his forehead on hers.

"I messed up this time. I took a job I shouldn't have." Toji confesses and his usual deep velvet tone is shakier. She hums in concern and studies his expression. "I think if you stay here you will be in danger." He did not want her to leave. Yet he knew he was being selfish.

"How much longer can I stay with you?" Her tone was soft yet strong, showing no sign of fear. He looks down into those eyes and loses himself in them. So much love and understanding reflected back at him his heart raced.

"You should leave soon..." He wants her to be safe. Yet he craves to cling to her as long as he possibly can. She nods her fingers now tracing up his neck. "I love you so much."

Her eyes do widen a bit at his proclamation. It may have been the first time he said those words out loud. "I love you too." She whispers, her full lips quickly push against his. It was not aggressive; she was never aggressive, but she controlled the movement. He responded to her, his large hands holding her hips more firmly.

His eyes close as he gives into her so easily. Her presence swallowed his own so delicately, all five senses enraptured by her.

Toji opens his eyes and suddenly realizes the room is empty and cold. A deep ache feels him as he reaches in front of him to hold onto someone who was no longer there. For a second time he reminisces a moment in time, where he let his greed take away things that were good for him.

Toji knew he could not continue to act like he was not affected. Sitting alone in the room being haunted by the memories of you. Something had to change. Would she still even recognize him if he found her? The idea of you moving on was so scary he reverted back to when you were only his.

He glances at the unmade bed in front of him. He sees you rubbing your eyes still half asleep, the blanket wrapped around your undressed body. Your arms lifting towards him to invite him back. He would give his life to see that again....