Prologue

1611 DE(Darly Era)

The rain showered the land relentlessly. Dark clouds blot out the sun, veiling the land in darkness; the only light coming from the lightning that brightened the sky bringing earsplitting thunder that shook the castle of the Rheatonsey's violently. At the gates of the castle, cavalrymen awaited their lord, Engar, under the banner of his house. A black flag with red outlines and the image of a wyvern roaring. It fluttered under the intense wind.

In the castle, Engar Rheatonsey; the new lord, sat in his chambers awaiting news of his wife, and the child that would be born to him, along with his mother and other family members. He was a young man with blue eyes and black hair with a sharp jawline. Engar was worried but for reasons other than the birth of his child.  Engar's wife, Cynthia, was welcomed only by a few members of his family. She was put under suspicion due to ties with her family, the Yaguls who allied themselves with a witch coven to the east of the land of Cittano a region in the Principality of Selediano which broke away from our kingdom in a bloody rebellion dubbed: The traitor war. With accusations of using magic forbidden for a century, Cynthia was continuously persecuted and was not considered a candidate for marriage. Even though all this occurred, Engar still fell in love with her and made it his priority to be her husband.

On that night, their Suspicions were made true. As Cynthia made her final push screaming at the top of her lungs, the baby finally emerged from her womb. The midwives' eyes widened, some covering their mouths to stifle screams of fear. Laying between her legs a baby boy flayed around, and not a single tear or wail came from the boy, but this wasn't unusual, the boy's eyes were red--a deep scarlet red resembling the color of a rose...or blood.

The head midwife ordered one of her subordinates to call upon Engar. Without hesitation, she ran towards the door. She ran towards Engar's Chambers where everyone nervously awaited the news. She opened the door wildly, and with frightened eyes, to tell Engar the news of his newly born child. She gasped for breath as she tried to intelligibly deliver the news.

 "What is it!?... what's wrong!?" Engar asked, nervously.

"The baby is in good health, my lord"! She said as her voice wobbled in her throat. "But!"

"Say no more, thank you." Engar had a worried look on his face. His heart raced wildly. His mother and other family members looked at each other with surprise before it turned to disgust.

His mother, Yvanna Rheatonsey, strutted up to him with her chin held high in disgust, contorting her face to emphasize how disgusted she was. 

"Engar! Didn't we warn you of this?! You shouldn't have married that witch! That whore!"

 "Mother! watch your tongue," Engar snapped. "That is my wife you speak of." Engar stormed out of the room, angry at his mother's words. While he hurriedly walked down the corridor to Cynthia's chambers, his heart raced and his hands shook as he contemplated what his wife had born to him, he contemplated how this would affect the land he inherited.

He reached Cynthia's chambers. He opened the door, heart racing wildly expecting to see a monster in his wife's arms. Engar dropped to his knee's letting out a sigh of relief. His wife looked beautiful; her hair was put into a bun and cuffed with a golden flower clip. His son looked like any normal baby but the only obstacle halting him from screaming in joy was the eyes of the baby boy.

Engar approached Cynthia's bed with happiness being held back. Cynthia's smile quickly turned into sadness as Engar sat by her bedside quietly. With a sigh, he spoke. "Cynthia, my love, what happened to my son?!" He asked sadness wobbling in the back of his throat.

 Cynthia put her hands on Engar's face tears welling in her eyes before streaming down her face. "My love, I am exhausted, so please I beg of you to have patience."