Chapter 8: The Council

In the darkness of my mind, there was a small fire in front of me, slowly it consumed my body. The anger I felt was making me go insane, my head was on fire, and my heart was beating uncontrollably fast. Akibrus's killer stood over his body, he grumbled and then turned to face me. I couldn't think straight, the only thing on my mind...is killing them. The knight who killed akibrus charged at me, full speed.

Right now, no one can stand in my way. The knight swung his sword at me, I effortlessly parried. I screamed so loud, I could've awakened the dead. I brought my sword down upon his head with such force, my sword split his head in half. One of his eyes dangled from the socket. The knights started to attack me in full force, I was able to deflect their flurry of attacks, but even my anger wasn't enough to, overwhelm their skill. I managed to strike one of the soldiers, his blood spraying the grass.

 While successfully holding back the Knights, the fates of my companions replayed in my head. They were killed so violently. I was about to be impaled, but I quickly deflected the sword with my bracers, the adrenaline from my bloodlust allowed me to shove my sword deep in his face, breaching the armor on his face while doing so. My sword was now stuck in his face.

Now unarmed, I had no way of avenging my fallen brother's deaths. I was now in front of a heartbroken and shocked Shael. Her hair was unkempt, and her eyes were bloodshot and puffy from crying.

"Shael, I'm sorry, but we don't have time to sit around weeping." She sighed heavily and let her head drop.

From behind me, I could hear the heavy steps of the knights getting closer. Shael arose wiped the tears from her eyes and unsheathed her sword. "I'm fine now!" she said with a reassuring smile. The knights were closing in, fearlessly she walked up to them, her arms outstretched.

 Without warning, she screamed. "VILE AU!" These words were more powerful than when she previously spoke them. The knights were violently blasted by the force Shael released, whole trees fell to the ground, the only thing remaining was the stump, and Kane. his staff pointed towards Shael. He managed to survive her magic attack.

Frustrated I sucked my teeth, but my attention returned to Shael, she was standing there, her arms still outstretched. I walked up to her. "Shael, lend me your sword-" She was bleeding profusely from the nose, she forced herself to unleash such a devastating attack. She became limp, I caught her just in time, her eyes rolled to the back of her head.

 "Shael! Shael! Don't do this to me, wake up!"

I put my cheek to her face, and her warm breath sent butterflies tumbling around in my stomach. I let out a sigh of relief, tears welling in my eyes. I rest shaels head on her cloak and wielded her weapon. My anger now ran deep, and it was overwhelming me. I was soon running out of mana, I poured magic equally between my legs and my arms.

As I charged towards the Skull-knight, he shot ice darts, but to my advantage, they were less refined than his previous attacks. A cloud of black circular smoke appeared behind the skull knight, the green color inside of it spinning clockwise. The skull knight was planning to escape, I stopped in my tracks, and threw Shael's sword at him. Into thin air, he vanished, the sword passing as if nothing was previously there. The anger was now uncontrollable, I was so close to getting him.

"That coward...that fucking coward!" I dropped to my knees and looked to the sky my arms raised.

"Dosja! On my life, I swear to you...allow me the justice of killing that man! I beg of you, please!" I shouted in agony.

My anger turned to tears, Akibrus, Dagen, and Caldor. We were all talking a couple of days ago, and now...they are all dead. What did I do to deserve this sorrow, have I done something wrong? The emotions coming over me were powerful, I never wept so sorrowfully in my life.