Chapter Three

(Kit's pov)

Loki continued visiting every night, bringing Kit a meal each time. That was what he called her, either Kit or Kitten. She liked it, as it seemed to hold a better meaning than her other name. K-17.

"Hello again." Loki smiled mischievously as he approached this time, Kit waiting by the wall of her cell for him. He waved his hand, a fish dinner and saucer of warm milk waiting for her. She didn't know how he kept coming up with all these delicious foods, but she enjoyed them. Milk had been a recent development, although she couldn't figure out how he always kept it so warm. It just never seemed to grow cold.

Once she finished her meal, Loki tried very hard to hold back a grin. Very, very hard- inevitably failing as he vanished her plate, in return summoning a small metal object in his hand. It had a little chain attached, as he dangled it curiously. 

What did he have now? It was all she could think as he fiddled with the device for a second, before clicking the button on the side of it. As it clicked, he spotted whatever it was on the ceiling.

What was it? What curiosity had he found now? Kit couldn't help but fall prey to his trap, looking up to what the metal device was doing.

Red. A tiny- although so, so red- dot on the ceiling. Kitten ran from the light, finding nowhere to hide. She hissed at it as her hair rose to a standpoint, glaring between Loki and the murder dot. Asking- begging, for him not to hurt her with it. She had just begun to trust him too. Purring or sleeping freely up against the glass when he came.

So much for that.

Luckily Loki noticed her distress, instantly turning it off and letting it vanish obviously in a puff of smoke. "Hey- hey, kitten. It's ok, I'm sorry. I thought you would have enjoyed that." He asked; guilty, concerned, and confused all in one. "You don't like lasers?"

She couldn't answer- she could never answer him. But somehow they had developed a way of understanding each other, each alone in their own ways. Which is why they got along so well, most likely.

"I thought you'd like something to play with during all your time stuck in here." He said, looking around the barren room. "At least they gave me some books eventually."

Kit could see as an idea lit up behind his eyes, the plan he concocted blossoming beautifully. "Wait just a second." He said as he stood quickly and teleported, leaving her in silence.

What had just happened? Where did he go? He arrived and disappeared while she was asleep, or disappeared through the doors on the other side of the room. She knew he could make things appear and disappear- although not himself.

Just when she was going to give up on him coming back, Loki showed up out of nowhere, materializing right in front of the glass. She jumped up in surprise, sprinting a bit around the room, before realising it was just him.

"Energetic much?" He asked playfully, laughing as she calmed enough to sit curiously. "Good. You'll like this trick."

Instead of waving his hand- as she was used to- Loki held up his palm in front of her. She tried to sniff it through the glass, to no success. It was glass. Only light could get through-

And light did. A small wisp of energy flew up from his palm, hovering for a second as her eyes watched it. A strange feeling ignited inside her, one that wanted to catch the thing. To chase and run and capture it.

Then it moved. It seemed to run through the air, hovering for a few seconds in different places. It dashed in and out of her cell, always getting away at the last second. She ran after it, hearing Loki laughing as she did.