Chapter Nineteen

(A/N: Kind of short, though yes this is edited(and yes I meant to put that comma). Thanks for reading!)

(Loki's Pov)

"Loki! You're blue!"

Oh no.

No, no, no, no- This couldn't be happening. Not now. Not after such a wonderful moment.

Nonetheless, when he glanced down to his hands, Loki found that deep blue, swirly skin he hated so. That everyone he ever knew hated. The heritage that deemed him a monster, a beast with little reason.

"I..." He was at a loss for words. Silver tongue turned to lead. How could he explain this? Lying to her about himself. About something that very well may ruin what friendship they held.

"You have a second form?" She asked, tilting her head slightly to the side. Her eyes scanned his face. And Loki found himself terrified of her reaction. Surely she would refuse his friendship- perhaps his presence entirely. After so much time together, to not see her everyday... "Do not be afraid, Loki. I am not going to hurt you." She grinned, surely not knowing what he really was. If she did, there's no way she would still be this welcoming.

"Don't you get it?" He sneered, the hurt from years of betrayal leaking through. "I'm a Jotun. A monster. One of those hideous beasts that haunt children's dreams at night. The vile creature everyone loathes." Didn't she understand? "I'm the villain."

Kit sighed. Here it came. The realisation he was right, that he really was horrible. That he was no more than 'a terrifying Jotun'. He couldn't watch her face drop in hatred.

It would break him.

So Loki closed his eyes, turning away while waiting for the silence to break. For Kit to explode uncharacteristically in a fit of rage, shouting how horrible he was. How he hid this secret from her, manipulated her, lied to her.

But when small hands wiped away forgotten tears from his cheeks, Loki snapped his eyes open to meet hers. Those happy, cheery eyes. How could she still retain joy even through his tirade of pain?

"Did you hate me when you found out I was human?"

"What?" Her question shocked him. When he found out she had a human form... he was ecstatic. Surprised, naturally- but he never hated her. Surely Kit remembered how both he and the team celebrated. "No. No, of course not."

"Even though they have done horrible things? Even though they cheat, kill, and conquer- with no regard for others?"

"But that's not you." He said softly, bringing a hand under her chin to lift her eyes. "You're nothing like them."

Kit smiled, her grin nearly contagious. "Exactly." And she hugged him. Embracing Loki in her arms, all while nuzzling into his side. A small rumble started in her chest, working its way into a purr.

For two moments Loki simply stopped. Time, thought, every feature of reality paused for that perfect moment between them.

Kit had tricked the trickster god. Into admitting the truth to himself, no less. "You are perfect, Loki. Just how you are right now." Her voice piped up through the silence. "It is okay if you have two forms. You are still my friend."

He couldn't help the smile that snaked its way across his face. Kit beamed as he finally gave into her happiness, Loki genuinely smiling. "You are mine, too, Kitten."

Loki wrapped his arms around her, enjoying the moment as long as he could hold onto it. Onto her.

*

(Kit's Pov)

Once the wind picked up, Kit and Loki headed inside for what Loki promised was the 'best midgardian drink invented'.

Hot chocolate.

Which, if it could compare to regular chocolate, he wouldn't be wrong. Jarvis made the drinks, while the two of them simply sat at the kitchen bar.

Loki still hadn't changed his form. Whether it was because he couldn't or simply forgotten, Kit couldn't help but be happy that he could be comfortable in both forms. Especially around someone else. It took her weeks to even consider showing her human form, and even then she had to learn to feel safe enough when that vulnerable.

In the moments he looked away, Kitten found her eyes following the swirls along his skin. They were beautiful, masterfully engraved. Like a statue, although so much more alive and handsome.

Loki was handsome.

"What are you looking at?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You." She smiled, knowing he couldn't resist her powers of cuteness. She took his hand in her own, trailing one of these marks with her finger. "This form is very beautiful."

"You're just saying that." Loki justified, glancing away. But she almost thought she could see a slight purple tint to his cheeks.

"No. I have never lied to you." This seemed to catch his attention, as Loki's head turned towards Kit. As if he had to evaluate her answer. "It is true."

He smiled. "You are too good for this world, Kitten."

"What do you mean?"

"You are just so kind to everyone. It astonishes me." Loki chuckled lightly, before being interrupted by the drinks being ready. He moved into the kitchen, returning in barely a moment. "Alright, don't drink it too fast. It's still-"

"Hot!"