Chapter Forty-Four

(Loki's Pov)

"Please? You know, the one with all the sparks and fire and stuff." Thor pleaded for Loki to perform his illusions of entertainment, as the trickster rolled his eyes. This is what Thor called him away from Kit for? "The mortals will love you!"

"I don't care about that." Loki huffed, settling for a few select spells anyway. He raised his hands, sending trails of magic into the crowd. They oohed and awed, as any non-magician would. He glanced toward Kit, spotting her appreciating his tricks more than anyone here.

Kit was always so careful around the topic of magic, Loki often wondered why that was. She had the ability, and quite a lot of power. And yet she never asked him to explain any spells, nor cast anything that he knew she appreciated. He still did so when he remembered, loving the wonder and joy that surrounded her when she realised.

"Amazing." Thor applauded, as the group of spectators dispersed. After the show, Thor pulled his brother to the side before he could return to his love.

Love. They exchanged the words often now, and it always warmed his heart to be thought of so. Kit loved and accepted every part of him, and always wanted to care for Loki anyway she could. The same in reverse as well; Loki couldn't imagine his life without her. He wanted her to know how much she meant to him every second of every day, well into eternity. How far he was willing to go for her sake.

"I am happy for you, brother." Thor smiled, throwing an arm around Loki's shoulders. He braced himself for the force of the blow, the impact increased from Thor's drunken state. "You have finally found real love."

"I have." Loki smiled, glancing over to where she sat. Peter had walked up now, a friend to them both. The boy never wanted anything more than a friendship with every one of the Avengers, his unhinged curiosity more of a characteristic than a treatment exclusive to the Kitten.

Thor tore away his attention with a single phrase. A single, slurred, pronounced with a shit Midgardian accent question. "Do you plan to propose?"

Loki balked at the question, spinning on his heel to stare down his brother. "Propose? You found out about our relationship yesterday, Thor. It is far too early for such things."

He thought Thor would agree in his drunken state, nod and laugh it off, perhaps. But instead he smiled in a way that mirrored the trickster's. "That is not an answer. I saw your look tonight with that happy couple. You want to."

Loki huffed at the god of fertility, rolling his eyes. Just as Loki had secondary godheads- fire and stories, for example- so did Thor. Thunder, war, fertility, even some agricultural themes. "It has crossed my mind."

To his response, Thor was temporarily replaced with a hyper puppy. Bursting with questions of what Loki has thought of so far. Fortunately he was saved from the bombardment by Peter appearing by the gods' sides. "Hey Mr. Thor! Hi, Loki!" He smiled up at them, a touch of unease in his expression.

"Ah, Spiderchild! How do you fare?" Thor clasped his hand around the boy's shoulder, as he just short of panicked from the nickname.

"Thor! You said you wouldn't say anything!" He glanced between him and Loki, as the pieces settled in place. No wonder he asked so many Spider-man themed questions when they met.

Loki smiled knowingly, "Do not worry, Parker. I will not reveal your secret." He paused, allowing just enough time for the boy to regain his bearings. "Unless you give me a reason to."

"That is not funny, brother. You shouldn't scare him."

"I am not scaring him, I am just making conversation."