Chapter Eleven

(Loki's Pov)

"So what exactly are you?" Tony asked Kit later that evening. The team had chatted with their newest member for hours, until most of the other guests had left. Fury came by at some point, and either already knew or didn't care that she had a human form as well. Not that the team could tell, at least.

"I am a cat and a human." She shrugged, as if it were a normal thing that happened in the world. It wasn't, at least not on this one. In Asgard there were more magician shifters, although nothing quite like this.

"You don't know what Hydra did to do that?"

"Hydra?" Her brows creased in confusion, so innocent of this world around her. Loki almost thought she looked as cute in human form as feline, although he would never be caught dead admitting it.

"The place we found you." Where Loki found her, actually. While the others were on the surface doing who knows what, he was the one going through the base finding survivors.

"Oh." Her eyes adopted a haunted look, before she blinked and it was gone. She remembered nothing but pain there, of course she would be hesitant to even think about it. "I do not know what they did, but I do remember it made me have pain."

The group instantly looked guilty for asking, especially when they caught her swallowing a small sob in her throat. Loki could relate on some level though, his time in Thanos's grasp one of his most painful. And the memories almost hurt even more.

"But it is over now." She forced a smile on her face, taking a deep breath. "I am here, away from them."

"That's right." Natasha smiled, before pulling out some shot glasses. Kit seemed interested in what she was doing, until she popped open the cork of a whiskey bottle.

"No! Do not drink that!" Kit exclaimed, Nat stopping right before she poured the first glass.

"What, is it poisoned?" Clint doubted, inspecting the bottle before taking a sniff of the stuff. "Doesn't seem any different."

"Last time you all go crazy after you drink that."

The team laughed. Of course they did, they had been drunk then.

"That's what's supposed to happen." Tony said, pouring a small glass and downing it in one go. Trust the billionaire to never care about anything.

Kit glanced at Loki when Stark didn't listen. It was a silent cry for help, and he could do nothing but find himself obliged.

"Perhaps we should keep to the less potent drinks tonight." He suggested, with the excuse of not wanting a repeat of last time. "I will not heal your hangovers a second time this week." That seemed to do the trick, as Natasha instantly switched the strong stuff for essentially flavored water. No one disagreed, and gladly toasted with something that would keep them all sober.

A glass was even handed to Kit, although she refused it. "Not tonight" was all she would say. Bruce found some fancy looking juice in the cooler, handing it to her instead.

"What is this?" She asked, eyeing the light reddish juice. She swirled it in her glass, taking a quick sniff.

"Apple juice."

Kit peeked up from the glass when the doctor mentioned 'apple', taking a quick swig of it.

"I like this." Her eyes lit up in delight, as she quickly finished the glass. "More?"

The team chuckled at her insistent wanting, Bruce pouring her another glass. This one she drank slower, although still faster than the others finished their own.

*

(Kit's Pov)

"We should probably head in soon." Nat suggested a few hours later, when one too many yawns had escaped them.

"We are in?" Kit asked, as they simply chuckled.

"She's saying to go to bed, Kitten." Loki clarified, running a hand through her hair. After they had gotten tired enough, the team had headed to settle on the couches. She wasn't exactly sure how she ended up leaning against him, or how he simply accepted it, but they ended up bordering on the state between awake and asleep laid next to one another. Perhaps it was simply the habit of always being together that put them in this position.

"Only me?"

"The rest of us too." Clint smiled, agreeing with the concept of sleep. It must've been past 3am now, way too late to still be talking.

"Are you two still going to share a room?" Stark teased, although the implication was lost to Kit. She and Loki had been sharing a room for weeks, why would tonight be any different?

"Why not?" She asked innocently. That ruined the embarrassment factor of Tony's joke, although it seemed Loki had taken it full force.

"A man and woman usually only share a bed after they have been... courting, for some time." Thor attempted to explain, while Loki tried to ignore whatever suggestive glance he was relieving from his brother.

Kit scrunched up her forehead in confusion. "Courting?"

"Dating." Steve clarified, receiving the same look of confusion. He glanced at Nat for help, because apparently she was the only one who could explain this.

"I'll tell you later. There's another bedroom you can have until then." She glared at Steve for putting her on the spot, although technically she was the best one to explain it. Probably.

"Well, that's the night then." Tony clapped, as the team dispersed. Natasha showed Kit the room she was talking about, fortunately being the one right across from Loki's.

Nat opened the door, revealing a pretty much empty room. It had a soft rug, some bean bags, and a huge bed. There was even a dresser in the corner, and Natasha promised to take her shopping for some real clothes tomorrow, even when Kit summoned the pj's she'd been wearing during the times she shifted before.

"You stole my pj's?" She asked the Kitten, when the clothes manifested around her body. The dress was now lying atop the dresser, to be put away later.

"You want them?" Kit asked concerned, planning to give them back if she asked. There were other things she could wear... somewhere.

"No, no. Keep them. They look good on you."

Kit smiled in thanks, before turning to look around the room. "Is this all for me?"

"Yep. It's not much, but tomorrow we can go shopping for-"

"It is perfect!" She interrupted Nat with a shout, running over and jumping on the bed. Her arms and legs spread out in a starfish position, as she quite literally just sunk into the mattress. "Thank you!"

"I'm glad you like it, Kit." Natasha smiled, before heading back out. It wasn't long later until she slipped into dreamland, any worries seeming to be miles away.

(A/N: Hey everyone! So as I'm planning the plot for this book I had an idea, but I was wondering how you all feel about smut? I've never written any(so no promises) and it wouldn't be until much later in the book, but this has been so innocent I don't want to ruin it. (please comment your vote below):

(if anyone's confused what smut is: it's explicit content.)

Yes smut(~chapter 40?[will update w\actual chapter later])

Keep it PG(no smut)

Thanks for reading!!!)