Chapter Fifty-Three

(Loki's Pov)

As much as Loki has grown to tolerate the mortal realm, Asgard could never be replaced in his mind. There were certain qualities that no other place could compete with. Memories of running through the palace, playing in the gardens, or even just reading beside his mother. As much as the issues there constantly belittled him, Asgard would always be his home.

And now he could lead Kit by the hand and show her every little detail that he's loved. Hopefully finding out what they could about her past along the way. He never wanted this dream to end.

"Are you sure this is okay?" Kit asked for the hundredth time, smoothing out the finest Asgardian dress Loki could summon for her. The silk flowed perfectly around her form, shining out in his colors for all the realm to see. So that no one could question her placement there.

But it wasn't the dress that was the problem. Kit fiddled with her ears, grooming the fur so it would blend perfectly into her hairstyle. The same of which she had taken the longest time to decide on, until Loki had to convince the kitten that Asgard was concerned with greater matters than her hair.

She still made sure it was perfect, and Loki loved how much thought she was putting into this meeting. Thor said that he had contacted the allfather about all these complex matters, and that their visit would be more than just a quick one. As an Asgardian, Kit was welcome to stay as long as she would like.

"You look marvellous, Darling." Loki kissed the top of her head, as she finished touching herself up in his quarters. The way their relationship has grown... It felt lonely to be away from each other now. Between the cuddles, to their escapades around the tower, to just confiding in one another about any matter. Love felt like such a perfect word, but not just in one sense. In every sense that could be applied. When Kit still appeared to be hesitant, he continued. "Asgard is built on magic, Kitten. They are going to love every part of you, just like I do."

She smiled, leaning into his hand that had reached up to caress her cheek. "I just want to make a good impression."

"Of course." Her hands reached up to hold his own. "But you are perfect, and their opinions are not everything. Trust me on that one, Love." She giggled, reassured, and Loki trusted her confidence had been boosted enough to start this journey. Everything had been packed and ready within a matter of hours, and Thor should be waiting by the bifrost marking. Apparently he used the gateways so much that a permanent etching could be found burned beside the tower.

"Ah, brother! Lady Kit!" The oaf boomed as they arrived, jolly that they would be visiting home twice in nearly six months. "Are you ready?"

*

(Kit's Pov)

Loki tucked the Kitten against his side, as she squeaked in surprise. But he's done so before, and she wasn't nearly as alarmed as she thought she would be. In fact, it almost felt safer. "Traveling through the realms is quite an experience for the first time. Hold on tight."

Kit threw her arms around him, as Loki tried to hide his smile from Thor. With the magicians finally accounted for, the thunderer reached his hammer into the sky. "Heimdal!" Rainbow beams shot down from the sky, surrounding them in light. Pulling the trio up and away into the stars.

When her feet finally touched ground again, Kit stumbled as she tried to regain her bearings. Loki was there to act as her crutch. "That is quite the experience." She laughed in hopes to reassure the brothers she was indeed okay.

Then she looked up.

To reveal a room so plated in gold it felt as though the walls were made of sunlight. The sphere above her shifted slowly, only confirming her theory all the more. But she was so caught up in the view that Kit jumped when a voice called out, "Welcome back, my princes."