Chapter Twenty-One

(A/N: Really long, really cute chapter! Thanks for reading!)

(Kit's Pov)

Unless, of course, thinking it stood for 'on', she turned the handle all the way towards the H-O-T letters.

Kit stood in the shower, as the water slowly became warmer. Past the point of a warm bed, surpassing a place baked in the sun as well. Before she knew it, the temperature started approaching a steaming bowl of milk.

Before she could do anything, a beeping sound started throughout the bathroom. The temperature cooled to just a tad warmer than room temperature, perfect to shower in.

"Miss Kit? The degree of your shower exceeded the allowed temperature. Is everything okay?" A voice startled her, speaking from her bedroom.

"Jarvis?" Kit called, guessing this was his doing. "Yes, I am alright."

"I lowered the temperature of the water to a non-harmful degree in an attempt to avoid injury. I hope you don't mind?"

"No, Jarvis." Kit said, before returning to her shower. She wondered for a moment what would have happened if Jarvis hadn't helped. No doubt something terrible. "Thank you."

"Of course." With that covered, she finished her shower, drying quickly and summoning some of the softer pajamas in her wardrobe. She didn't want anything going wrong for this movie night.

*

"No- no! I'm never watching that again."

"What? Toy Story?"

"It has a talking doll!"

"I thought that movie was Chucky?"

"They both have talking dolls."

The elevator doors opened to arguing, with a very furious Steve flicking through movies.

"What about a drama? Princess Bride?"

"No!" Clint, Thor, and Steve erupted against Tony in unison, most likely against it for the sappy title.

"Oh come on! Give it a chance!" Stark replied, "I bet you haven't even seen it."

"No, and I really don't want to." Clint said. "We can't watch something with nudity for Kit's sake-"

"There's no nudity." Natasha turned towards her neighbor, confused.

"Well if Stark likes it, I assumed-"

"The only inappropriate thing in it is a few kisses." Tony shrugged, before being stared at. "Alright, alright. Maybe he almost dies... alot, but-"

"I think we should pick a calmer movie." Steve sighed, as the search began again.

Kit looked around the room, finding every Avenger sitting someplace normal. Well, as normal as the Avengers could be. Nat and Clint sat on chairs beside each other to the left, Bruce had his armchair, while Thor, Steve, and Tony were lying about the large sofa in the middle. Loki sat on his own loveseat couch near the back, a bit to the side- but still in view of both the team and the television.

With everywhere else taken, and mostly out of habit, Kit bounded over to sit beside Loki.

"Calmer? What, do you want a romance movie? Definitely nothing inappropriate in those." Tony argued with Steve, as he simply sighed. Apparently it was a tradition to pass the possession of the remote from time to time, so that every Avenger's movie vote counted for at least one night a week. Unfortunately Steve's inexperience in choosing a movie resulted in this bull-fight, the same for Thor's turn as well. He should have never asked for their opinions.