Chapter Thirty Six

(A/N: Really, really sorry for the wait- and doubly sorry for the super short chapter. Thanks for reading! )

(Loki's Pov)

The Kit-scapes continued.

And everytime he was found by her side, yet again, Natasha slowly started to come around. After finding Kit during her search for him, the arrangement had to be reinstated. Kit would only hurt herself stumbling around after Loki, something which neither Widow nor Jotun wanted.

So, Natasha surrendered Kit's care to Loki, who quickly did everything in his power to heal the Kitten. And would do, if she only asked.

Which meant for the rest of Kit's bedrest, he lost a hand to her grasp. Drawing many stifled fits of laughter from visitors, seeing the dark prince bend to every whim and will of the Kitten. As much as he hated the teasing, it was almost enjoyable to let them know who she had chosen. Who Kit preferred over them all- in one way or another.

Eventually, the rag which had been battling her fever was replaced with Loki's hand, creating a new silent argument to win. But let's be honest with ourselves.

Kit won.

So, to accommodate for his arm's awkward position, Loki moved to sit against the bed's headboard, keeping one hand on her forehead to perhaps control her fever.

And since we're being honest; Kit's trickery didn't stop there. "Loki?" She asked, after having curled up against his side.

"Yes Kitten?" Her voice surprised him, as not two seconds prior she had been sound asleep.

Kit glanced up, meeting his eyes with hazy ones. She hesitated a moment, before a confused expression crossed her face. "What happened to your blue form?"

Thinking she meant the other day with Stark's prank, Loki laughed lightly. "You healed me."

Kit's ears perked up, as her confusion only grew. "No I didn't. I liked it." She turned his hand over, tracing where one of his Jotun marks should be.

Loki smiled, letting his Asgardian form fade around his hand, the line she traced reappearing as one of these marks. She glanced up at him surprised, before seeming to realise something. "You did not have to do that-"

"But I wanted to." Loki said softly, letting the rest of himself shimmer into his Jotun form. Kit smiled, cuddling closer to him.