23 Neerav was in trouble

Part 23 Neerav was in trouble

The next three days fled in a blink of an eye. Mehandi with Arnav's name had drawn on Khushi's palm. The remaining haldi that applied on Arnav decorated Khushi's cheek.

As per the wedding rule, the Groom and the Bride should not meet after the Haldi. Khushi came to her room, finishing the haldi ritual to wash her face. Before she went to the washroom, her phone rang. Taking it, she checked whose call it was. The call was from the GROOM. She thought something smiling and didn't accept the call. The phone stopped ringing. It started ringing again... as she expected. This time, she attended the call. Before she started speaking,

"Do you check whether I call you again or not?" Arnav asked, making her speechless.

"I just came inside the room, finishing haldi" she lied.

"Oh... Is that over?" He asked.

"Mmm"

"I like this ritual you know," he asked

"Oh..."

"It's so romantic... Isn't it?" He asked cheesily.

Khushi was silent. She didn't know in what sense he was telling that.

"The haldi that applied on you already touched me, Khushi..." His voice was husky when he asked that.

Khushi felt her blood boiling. Why this man is taking her breath away by talking like this?

"Will you please stop talking like this Arnav?" She sounded soft.

Arnav pressed his lips together to suppress his smile.

"Why did you call me?" Khushi asked.

Arnav was silent.

"Why are you silent now? Shall I cut the call?" she asked not so strictly.

"You said not to talk like that... What could I talk about if I called you to talk only about Haldi?" Arnav asked and Khushi sensed a smile in his voice.

"I'm disconnecting the call..." khushi said.

Arnav said nothing and waited for her to disconnect the call but she didn't.

"Don't you disconnect the call Khushi?" Arnav asked intentionally

"It's not a manner to disconnect the call while talking," she said hesitantly.

Arnav smiled.

"Good manners... Keep it up..."

"Shall I disconnect the call?"

"Ok... Will meet you in RM on our wedding day"

"Bye"

"Bye... " Arnav was about to disconnect the call,

"Arnav..." Khushi called him again,

Arnav again kept the mobile in his ear.

"What you are up to?" she asked in a confused tone.

Arnav smiled.

"I don't know what's in your mind and why you became cheesy..."

Cutting her,

"Don't you know?"

"No..."

"Do you want me to say?" his voice sparkled with joy.

Khushi sighed.

"The much I know, you are not talkative. But you talk a lot with me these days. I don't know how to react to it, Arnav. It's embarrassing..."

"This is why I'm a lot with you these days Khushi. Try to understand we are getting married and you have no need to get embarrassed. This is how our life will be... I will be cheesy with my wife... I have too... you are right, I'm not talkative. But, with my wife, I don't want to be like that. Any man on the earth will show his real side to his wife if he is truthful. I would like to be one. If I don't talk to even with my wife then with whom I will talk?"

Arnav paused for a while...