37 Birthday Gifts

Part37 Birthday Gifts

Arnav got a call from DELHI BENEFIT FUNDS PRIVATE LIMITED manager. He frowned, seeing the number, and attended it.

"Hello, sir," Arnav said.

"Sir, we are in trouble," the manager said

"What trouble?"

"It seems your mother-in-law got doubt on us"

Arnav got stuck.

"Means?"

"She is here, asking for the details about the account of Shashi Gupta"

Arnav was shocked. Why does Garima do this? What does she want to know?

"Sir, I don't know what to do"

"Try to handle her."

"We tried sir. But she is not ready to listen to us"

"What is she saying?"

"She is asking so many questions for what we have no answer"

"Where is she?"

"She is waiting outside my room, sir"

"What is she exactly asking?"

"She needs to see the documents of Shashi Gupta's accounts, Sir"

"But why? You can tell her that's not possible as it's against your rules"

"I told her Sir but she said she can't believe her husband deposited money without her knowledge"

Arnav sighed.

"Your mother-in-law is not we thought sir. She is suspecting us." said the manager and raised his head. He got stuck, seeing Garima looking at him. He gulped down awkwardly.

Garima extended her hand towards him asking for the phone. The manager passed the phone to Garima silently as he understood that there is nothing he can do with it anymore. Garima kept the phone in her ear.

"Ask her to come tomorrow... tell her, you need time to search the file," Arnav said.

"No need Arnav... as I got to know what I want to," Garima said.

Arnav got stuck, hearing Garima's voice.

"I know you must be behind this money issue... you know what? No finance company will give money to anyone without the particulars. They didn't even care to ask us that"

Arnav rolled his eyes. He didn't know the authorities would have done the blunter and he didn't expect Garima would be so mean.

"Aunty, I just..."

"I can understand... Neerav refused to marry Khushi just because she was left with nothing. You want to make her confident, right?"

"Not only Khushi but also to make you confident aunty. Please don't mistake me"

"How could I misunderstand you, Arnav? I just wanted to know the truth because I know my husband... he would have told me if he had done something GOOD. He used to hide only BAD things from me"

"Bad things?"

"Haan, Arnav... he trusted everyone easily and his cousin brother took advantage of his innocence"

"Whom you are talking about?"

"Kailash... the one for whom he signed the surety"

"Where is he? Do you know about his whereabouts?"

"No, beta... he was in Delhi only but after Shashiji's demise, he has not seen in anywhere"

"Oh... could you get information about him from any of your relatives?"