27 Husband's duty

Part 27 Husband's Duty

Laila slowly stepped inside Neerav's room. Neerav got down from the bed, gritting his teeth. He raced towards her while shouting,

"Why did you come inside my room?"

"Calm down Neerav... we have life..." she said trying to handle him.

"Life...? What life are you talking about? You have no right to talk about my life after ruining it..."

"What did I do? What was my mistake? I saw you with an alcohol bottle..."

Cutting her,

"You said I misbehaved with you...did I? Did I even touch you?"

Laila tried to say something,

"Don't you dare justify your action... I can remember well what you did. Falling on me, you dragged me on the bed... Get the hell out of my room"

"Where could I go?"

"Go to your father and mother who were the main characters of your drama..."

"Drama...?"

"Do you think; I know nothing? I know how shamelessly you were behind Arnav. After his marriage got fixed, you planned to trap me to get him... that's why you stepped into our family..."

Laila was shocked to the core. Could Neerav predict this much? Of course, Neerav didn't say that knowing her intention. He said that in anger but fortunately or unfortunately it was true.

"No, Neerav... that's not true..." she said making a sad face.

"I have no single reason to trust you... get out..."

"Listen to me Neerav, what if I have piles of money? I want your love and support..." she hinted that she has money.

"Love and support? For what? To destroy MY family? It will never happen until Neerav is alive..."

"Will you believe me if I give you loads of money?"

Neerav stopped.

"Money...? Like really?"

Laila nodded yes, getting hope.

"After killing me alive, are you trying to bribe me?"

"No..."

He dragged her to the door and pushed her out of the room. This time, he locked the door from inside.

Laila stood outside fuming. She wanted something but happening here is something opposite to it... her plan of making Neerav her slave by showing her money flopped. What will she do now?

The next morning

Arnav woke up from his sleep as his phone rang. He extended his hand and his hand touched something SOFT. It didn't feel like a pillow. He opened his eyes and saw Khushi sleeping next to him. His sleep fled away from his eyes. Khushi stretched her body. His TOUCH should have disturbed her. She opened her eyes and smiled at him.

"Good morning" She closed her eyes casually again, making Arnav wonder.

Again she opened her eyes jerking and sat on the bed. Arnav smiled at her.

"Did you think you are hallucinating me like ALWAYS?" he asked teasingly.

"No..."

Cutting her,

"Don't lie, Khushi. I have the capability to find lies" he smirked.

"Very nice..." She got down from the bed and rushed to the washroom.