38 Desperate Arnav

Part 38 Desperate Arnav

Arnav got stuck, seeing Khushi with the birthday gift he bought for her. Khushi was reading his expression. She understood Arnav is feeling awkward. Yes, he didn't expect this situation. Coming close to her, he put the coat back in the suitcase silently.

"You said you would get the coat dry cleaned... didn't you do that?" she questioned him.

"I... didn't get time..."

He bent down to take the handbag. Before he touched it, Khushi took it and also the other things with the Barbie doll.

Arnav looked at her, touching the molar teeth with his tongue. Taking the ring from the box, she tried to wear it on her finger. Arnav snatched it from her hand.

"That means, is not that INTERESTING PERSON me? Are not these gifts for me?" she asked with an angry pout.

Arnav rolled his eyes. Taking her hand, Arnav inserted the ring in her left ring finger, giving the answer to her question through the action.

"I was planning to propose you with this ring, going on my knees" Arnav smiled, closing his eyes. She wondered. Is it?

"Are you that much crazy?" she asked unbelievably.

"I'm not crazy (He paused for a while) in all the matters," he said contently that made her speechless. Does it mean, is he crazy ONLY in HER matter?

"What would you have done if..." Before she finished, Arnav kept his index finger on her lips and stopped her from asking something that didn't happen... and didn't have a chance to happen.

"No IFs and BUTs Khushi... nothing happened that could hurt me... we got married and you are my wife. I don't want to think anything more than that... I don't want to EVEN think of it ..." he said with a content gaze.

Khushi was looking at him without blinking. Why did he become emotional all of a sudden? Arnav lowered his finger from her lips.

"I just..." she stammered.

Arnav nodded his head. Khushi took the coat from the suitcase.

"I will wash it," she said, looking at his face.

Arnav nodded no and about to pull it from her,

"I remember you told me that you don't like this color..." she said pulling the coat behind... far away from his reach.

"I like the color"

"Then it must be washed..."

"No need..." he again tried to snatch it.

"Arnav, don't be childish, ok...?"

"Khushi, give it to me..."

"No..." she moved back with the coat as Arnav advanced her.

Arnav fastened his steps and Khushi also moved back fast. She fell on the bed that was behind her. Arnav pulled the coat exactly at the same time and he also fell on her. Both were looking at one another's face panting hard. Arnav swallowed hard, looking at her parted lips.

Composing himself, Arnav sat on the bed, getting away from her. Khushi also sat, looking down. Both of them didn't look at each other for a while. Then, both of them looked at one another hesitatingly. Khushi again looked down could not stand his sharp gaze. It was crystal clear that what he wanted. Khushi was not dumb not to understand that. Arnav was about to say something, that's when Arnav's phone rang. Arnav sighed with annoyance and took the mobile. He saw Arvind's name flashing. Arnav attended the call.