35 Broken Egg

Part 35 Broken EGG

Arnav told Arvind about fifty lakhs given by Anup to Rakesh.

Arvind was shocked hearing Arnav's stance.

"It can't be true, Chotte. Why should Anup give fifty lakhs to Rakesh?"

"That's what I'm also asking, Dad. Why did he give money to Rakesh? What's the relationship they share? Who is Rakesh to Anup? Without any assurance why did he give him money?"

Arvind was not dumb not to understand what dots Arnav connecting. He looked at him horrified as he too got the point.

"Did Rakesh help Anup in anyways?" Arvind asked nervously.

"Then, why did he give fifty lakhs to him? Don't you know your friend? Is he that generous to help others or what?" Arnav asked.

Arvind gulped down. He knew Anup. He doesn't even give a penny to anyone unnecessarily. Then why now?

"I told you... I pleaded with you to trust Neerav but you didn't. you trusted your friend over your son. See, what happened now. Neerav has lost his life. He got a merciless wife who wants to destroy us." Ratna said with teary eyes.

"Why do you say so, Ratna?"

"Then what? Why did she marry Neerav by blaming him? At first, she was behind Chotte. Now, she is Neerav's wife... why did they do that?"

"Mom, cool down"

"I told him Chotte..."

"I too told him but the situation was not in Neerav's favor"

"They created the situation Chotte..."

"Yes... there is no use of talking about it anymore"

"What do you mean?"

"It's Neerav who should decide"

"He is not interested in her, Chotte..."

"I know. Let him do what he wants. Please don't stop him from doing anything. That's what I want to say"

Arnav looked at Arvind who looked stressed.

"Dad..."

"I don't know what to do Chotte... I can't believe Anup stoop so low. I trusted him. that's why I considered his daughter's wish of marrying you. I never thought he would backstab me" Arvind said with anger, disappointment, regret what not...?

Arnav felt bad for his father. He knew how sensitive he was. But he had no choice. Arvind should know the truth. Otherwise, he would trouble Neerav, finding mistakes in his every action.

"Relax Dad... Neerav is clear about what he wants. So, please don't stress yourself and act accordingly"

Arvind was silent. He was guilt like hell. he spoilt his son's life. He should have called the police as Arnav said. Their plan would not have got succeeded if he had listened to Arnav.

"I had seen him using alcohol," Arvind said confusingly.

"No, Dad. It was Rakesh who drank in the office. To save him from you, Neerav was silent that day. Neerav told me what happened in the office, even before he got to know about the fifty lakhs deal between Rakesh and Anup" Arnav said.

"What do you want us to do?"

"You don't have to do anything. Neerav will take care of them. You just be casual"

They nodded ok and went to their room.

In the meanwhile,

Neerav smirked at Laila mockingly.