62 Epilogue

Epilogue

Khushi was fed up like ever before. Didn't Arnav say 'he will not forget her birthday?' Then how did he forget her birthday? From the time, the program date was declared, she was expecting him to talk about it. Yes, the AR program was fixed on Khushi's birthday but Arnav didn't react to it. Khushi so wanted to question him but she hesitated to do it. At the same time, she was angry with him like hell. Before confessing his love, he bought many gifts for her birthday even though he didn't have a chance to give it to her. But after marriage, he didn't even remember her birthday even after hearing the DATE again and again. Would men change after their marriage? She was disappointed.

Maybe... in the program tension, he would have forgotten her birthday. She consoled herself.

She saw Arnav rushing inside the room, shouting her name,

"Khushiii"

Khushi stood up from the bed.

"Have not you got ready yet? We are running out of time, Khushi. Get ready" he hurried.

Opening the cupboard, he removed a bag.

"Come on, wear it" he handed it to her and walked to the washroom.

Khushi opened the bag and gave it a look. She got stuck as the dress was 'A' class. It was a dark RED color Mermaid Style, Off-shoulder gown, nearly one lakh INR* worth. Khushi liked the dress very much. She will be like an angel in the dress. But why did Arnav buy such a costly dress for her? She was Mrs. ASR after all... she thought.

Khushi got ready, wearing the dress. She looked damn hot in the dress with grand white stones ear drops given by Arnav. We simply can't say she liked it very much. She got captivated by the dress. She even forgot about her birthday. Looking at her reflection in the mirror, she smiled. She saw Arnav through the mirror who looked lost. Why won't he look lost if his wife was so fetching? She turned her face with attitude and walked away. Damn... how could he forget her birthday?

Arnav smirked, seeing her doing that.

Arnav strode towards Khushi and circled her waist. Khushi looked at him, rolling her eyes.

"Why are you looking disinterest?"

"It's not me but you," she said sulking.

"Me? Do you think I'm not interested in you?"

She looked somewhere not answering him.

"Ok, we are getting late... Program organizers would be waiting for us. Let's go" he walked, pulling her with him.

They came to the program venue. No need to say, every eye was on Khushi who walked with Arnav, hand on hand. Khushi faced a tough time handling numerous deep gazes on her, at a time.

The program organizers made them sit on the VIP seats arranged in the first row. The program started. The Models started ramp walking on the stage, wearing the fast-moving dresses of AR designs.

Khushi was looking at Arnav from time to time but he was keenly watching the program. She almost lost her hope and felt like crying. Let him come close to her tonight. She was not going to let him touch her for sure. She decided to stay away from him. That's the punishment for him.

The program was almost completed. The program organizer appeared on the stage.

"I would like to have Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada and Mrs. Khushi Singh Raizada on stage who are behind this successful program"

Khushi looked at Arnav widening her eyes. Arnav stood up and extended his hands towards Khushi asking for her hand. Khushi gulped hesitatingly.

"Come on, Mrs. Raizada" the crowd shouted.

Khushi kept her palm on Arnav's hand and stood up. They headed the stage with a big round of applause. Taking the mike from the organizer, Arnav spoke.

"There is a person who put his extreme level of dedication for this program. My manager cum friend... Steve. Without him, this success is not at all possible. I would like to have Steve on the stage with me in this amazing moment. Steve...come on" Arnav called.

Steve, who was standing backstage galloped to the stage and hugged Arnav emotionally.

"Damn you man, you made me emotional," he said huffing.

Arnav smiled. Khushi shook hands with Steve.

"Congratulations, Steve"

"Thank you, Ma'am... you look dashing" he praised.

Khushi looked at Arnav who was smirking.

"Shall I?" Steve asked.

Arnav nodded yes contently.

Khushi looked at them frowning, could not understand their gesture. Steve signaled someone who was standing near the stage ready. They brought a table on the stage and kept it in front of Khushi. Khushi's eyes broadened, seeing a big size cake on the table.

"Happy Birthday my dear wife" was being written on it.

She looked at Arnav.

"I gladly celebrating my wife's birthday today... Happy birthday, Khushi..." Arnav said looking at Khushi.

At the same time, the ROSE BLAST stage crackers blasted at the edges of the stage and the stage got filled with artificial rose petals. Khushi was looking at them with a stunning expression. It seems she was not ready to believe it. She thought she was dreaming. Arnav gave her a knife and gestured for her to cut the cake. She looked at him, could not come out of the shock. Stuffing the knife in her hand, Arnav made her cut the cake, circling her shoulder. He fed the cake to Khushi with the standing ovation of the crowd.

Arnav removed a diamond neckless from his coat pocket and wore it around her neck, meeting her eyes. the neckless matched with her ear drops. After all, it was a set.

The organizers and the models started wishing Khushi for her birthday. Khushi accepted their wishes, just spilling an artificial smile.

Khushi was silent all the way home. Arnav was stealing her glance while driving the car. When they came home, Khushi started hitting him.

"Hey, Khushi... what happened? This is how you appreciate your husband?" he asked getting beaten up.

She stopped hitting and hugged him tightly.

"I really hate you for what you did" she choked.

"Thanks" Arnav laughed.

Khushi chuckled.

"I too hate you for being so beautiful... you are making me lose my control often," Arnav said.

"I thought..."

Cutting her,

"I have forgotten your birthday, right?"

She nodded yes.

"Crazy woman... how could I forget your birthday? It was running in my blood" he smiled.

"I love you so much" she kissed him.

"You said you hate me?" he chuckled.

"Yes, I hate you so much... you made me wait for the whole day" she pouted.

"You made me wait for the whole year. what about that?"

"I don't know you are waiting for me"

"No one knows about it... only my heart knows how much I cried for you"

"I'm yours now"

"Always will..." he said smiling.

She nodded yes, leaning on his shoulder.

"This is the best ever birthday of my life. I didn't expect you would make me feel great this way" she said.

"You are... always..." he kissed her forehead.

"It's because of you... you made me great..."

"I will do that gladly" he smiled.

Khushi embraced him delightedly and Arnav reciprocated it with an adorable smile.

We are sure they would be happy for life long... like this.

THE END