Huey and Ella Day

I wasn't in the mood this week to type up an episode chapter, so you get a free flow chapter instead.

***

Ella silently let's Huey drag her out the mansion in his ecstatic frenzy.

Once the two were at the gate, Ella decides to speak up, "Huey, where are you dragging me now?" Ella asks as Huey let's her go to grab the bookbag he had laying on the ground next to the gate entrance.

"Uh... I need your help with getting a Junior Woodchuck Badge." Huey says nervously avoiding her eyes.

Ella groans but doesn't protest, "Explain to me why you didn't just ask your brothers?" Ella asks as they head out to the bus stop.

"When have my brothers ever actually helped me with my badges?" Huey asks Ella checking his phone for when the next bus comes.

"Touche" Ella hums as Huey moves to sit next to her. "What badge are we aiming to achieve today then?"

Huey gives her a small smile, but his eyes spoke mischief. "I think you'd like these badges a lot more then I will." Huey tells her as they step onto the buss that parked in front of them.

Ella raises an eyebrow.

***

Ella's jaw drops at the sight of the junkyard in front of her.

"We're at a junkyard..." Ella says looking to Huey who hums, acknowledging her statement.

"But why?" Ella asks, following him inside the relatively empty junkyard. A few members of the Woodchuck group were there scavenging items.

"Well, I need a badge for recycling an item from the junkyard." Huey explains.

"Okay..." Ella trails off before following him and helping him scavenge through the junk for something to recycle.

"I also thought we could take out 2 birds with one stone, and get my restoration, metal working, and creating with strange items badges." Huey told Ella looking at her from the corner of his eyes with a small smirk knowing how she was about to react.

"HUEY! YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME THAT EARLIER!" Ella gushes before dragging him around the junkyard and grabbing a few items from the trash piles and dumping them in the large trash bag Huey was holding.

"Ella, we still need to bring it home, so maybe not so many items." Huey says struggling to keep a safe hold on the trash bag full of items.

Ella gives him a sheepish smile, "Right, I forgot." Ella tells him.

**

Huey and Ella were in Ella's workshop, ever since Ella started filling her bedroom more with her inventions and restoration items, Scrooge had a room set up for her to do her inventing and tinkering. Scrooge had taken to spoiling her and Webby lately.

Huey tiredly sets the items as Ella in an excited frenzy rushes around her workshop.

"What should we restore first? The Camera? The Glue Gun? The Lamp? The Violin?" Ella asks pulling out a bunch of empty blueprint paper and sketchbooks.

"Maybe the camera..." Huey trails off looking at the destroyed Camera that Ella placed on the worktable.

"Good Idea! We can make it functional and decorate it in a steampunk way!" Ella was practically salivating in excitement causing Huey to snort in amusement.

"Okay first things first, we need to clean the camera, then we need to see what needs to be fixed, then we-" Ella rants only for Huey to cover her mouth with an amused smile.

"Let's start with cleaning and putting the other stuff in your: restore later bin." Huey said looking over at the overflowing bin closest to the window.

"Understandable, can you hand me that large bucket and turn that machine to your right on?" Ella asks him as she grabs her tools to disassemble the camera.

Huey turns on the machine Ella uses to clean her projects and his eyes land on a blueprint and half made cap similar to his.

He reads over it in curiosity and smiles with a blush at what he read, "Huey's steampunk hat."

"Huey, can you prep the worktable next to you with my smelting tools." Ella asks as she puts the camera pieces in the cleaning box then the blast sander.

"No problem." If Huey was being honest, he didn't have a badge on anything but scavenging but he wanted to spend time with Ella alone for once.

Every other time that he tried either Webby and Lena decided to have a girls day out, his brothers would pester them both, or they were on an adventure.

**

Throughout the time the two spent restoring and decorating the camera, Ella and Huey were able to catch up and become closer than before. It felt nice to be able to have a conversation with someone their age who was on the same mental wavelength as them.

Along the way, Huey found himself loving the steampunk art style, and Ella, found that she loved having Huey around when she was in her workshop, he was the only one who could stay focused enough to help out.

*
Ella walks silently with Huey to his Woodchuck meeting holding the new steampunk camera in her hands.

"Launchpad, I'll be honest and say I asked Ella to help me restore it so it's steampunk now." Huey says sheepishly as Ella hands him the steampunk camera.

Ella looks at Huey confused but decides to ask what he means later when Launchpad gifts him with the one badge

"Great work, you two." Launchpad said before heading over to the other woodchucks.

Ella pulls Huey to the side, "Huey? Okay first of all, congrats, second, why did you only get one badge?" Ella asks confused still holding his arm.

Huey smiles sheepishly at Ella, "I may have lied about how many badges I'd get. The restoration badge was real though. But I just wanted to maybe use this as an excuse to hang out with you alone..." Huey says sheepishly ruffling his hair with his free arm.

Ella looks at him surprised before laughing, "Huey~ If you wanted to hang out with just us two you could have just said so, you don't need to find an excuse." Ella giggles punching his arm playfully.

Huey blushes, "Sorry, I didn't know what to do." He explains as they had back to the mansion.

"Well, now you have to hang out with me anytime I'm in my workshop." Ella teases bumping hips with him enticing a laugh from him.

See you Thursday after next, meesa sleepy bean.