Truth and Lies ~ Kaden

"We need two more classes," Logan says.

"Yeah." I check the clock on the wall. We've been here for almost a whole hour.

"What about . . . this one?" Logan points at his computer monitor. Advanced Theatre Project.

"God, I hate drama."

"Come on. You can choose the last one. Please?"

I shake my head. "Why d'you buy into that crap?"

"Hey, acting is just as cool as sports, or art, or music."

Whatever. Drama is not acting.

He cocks his head to the side and raises his eyebrow at me. "Come on. I'll do whatever you want. Just do this for me."

That makes me actually think about it. In a way it's my fault that we need to have the same schedule, and the least I can do is let him pick some of our classes. "Sure, whatever," I say.

"Awesome; thanks Kade. You can choose the last class."

I scroll through the list of classes on the school computer, watching the text blur together.

"What about Spanish . . . or computer?" Logan suggests.

"Uh, I dunno." Acting is just as cool as art, huh? I scroll down the list of class headings. Visual and Performing Arts. "How about this one?" I point to Drawing 2.

"Drawing two?" he asks. "Can't we do one instead?"

"Not if we're doing advanced theatre."

"You're gonna make me look like an idiot."

I roll my eyes at him. "Hey, I'll help you. You'll be fine."

He gives me a skeptical face and signs up for the class. "Advanced Theatre, first period. Drawing two, second period."

I search through the list of classes and select them, check to make sure my screen matches Logan's, then hit submit. It's about time. I log off and stand. Let's get the heck out of here.

"I'll print off the schedule," Logan says. He clicks his mouse and then heads for the printer. He comes back with the schedule, logs off his computer, and pushes his chair in. "Let's wait to call Mom," he says as he checks his watch.

"Why?" I ask.

"I wanna look around a little, so we don't get lost on Friday. Come on, Kade. It'll only take a bit." Logan turns toward the door. He couldn't care less that I'm exhausted. I roll my eyes.

Logan leads the way out of the library, into a courtyard. I stare ahead at the huge theatre and try to wrap my head around this school. It has at least seven different buildings, spread out across an outdoor campus. It's way different than West Linn High. I guess with Californian weather, it's perfectly fine if you need to go outside to get to every one of your classes. I'm going to miss the rain.

Logan takes out the school map. I step in close to take a look at the schedule. Drawing 2 - 309 H. We just came out of Building C.

 We just came out of Building C