Three Days After the Move ~ Hangover ~ Logan

Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep.

I jerk awake. My head feels like someone ran it through the dryer. Overheated and banged up and spinning like a top. I groan and roll over. Something is beeping, splitting my head open, so that I can't get back to sleep. I sit up.

There's a mound of blanket on my couch. Then I remember that Kaden slept in here last night. His watch is going off, but for some reason, he isn't turning it off.

I'm out of bed in one second flat.

I drop to my knees by the couch and pull the blanket off. The couch is empty.

Where did he go?!

I stumble to my feet and take the fastest way to Kaden's room. Through the bathroom. I bump into someone at the door.

"Whoa!" Kaden grabs me and holds me up while my head pounds and spins around. He stares at me with a strange look on his face, and that's when I notice the alarm stopped. He lets me go and puts his watch on. "How's your head?"

"It's killing me." I groan and slump back into my room. I can't believe I jumped out of bed like that. Over a false alarm.

"I'm going to go for a run," Kaden goes back to his room.

"You're going running now? Seriously?"

Kaden doesn't answer.

I follow him into his room. "Can't we wait a couple hours?"

"You don't have to come with me," he says, but we both know that's bull. The worst part is that I know he's holding last night over my head, and I don't blame him.

Itlooks like we're going to get some exercise this morning.