Ch2.

📍Compton, Los Angeles. California.

Nora.

"We are home." August glanced over at me, looking at the house. It was still the same, still the same as when my parents died, still the same as the moment I left.

Getting out of the car, August went and got my bags out of the trunk. I walked towards the house and the memories started hitting me.

I walked inside and everything was still the same. I felt tears swell in my eyes but quickly blinked them away.

"You good ?" August snapped me out of my thoughts when I was staring at a picture of mom and dad on the wall.

"I miss them." Chewing my bottom lip while looking over at August, he walked up to me and wrapped his arms around me.

Tears started to fall while I held onto him.

"Shh, it's all good." He stroked my hair while I cried in his arms.

After a few minutes of silence, I pulled away from him.

"I'm sorry, I'm happy I'm home it's just a lot of memories." I smiled softly, wiping away the tears on my cheeks.

"Sometimes we need our moment, we only human sis." He told me.

"It's just hard without them. All these years in New York I was able to keep my feelings hidden but when you walk inside this house. The memories just hit you." I looked around the house.

"I know, I thought about changing stuff. Maybe paint the walls but then again, it's the only thing we got left from them." He said and I nodded in understanding.

"Don't change anything, I love it just how it is." I smiled.

"Come on, let's get you settled." He grabbed my bags and walked upstairs, I followed behind him.

"Your room is still the same too." He chuckled while we walked down the hallway upstairs.

"I don't even remember what my room looks like." I laughed, he opened the door of my room and we walked inside. Everything was the same except the bed, August changed the bed to a king-sized bed instead of my little princess bed I used to sleep in.

Probably because I am older now.

I looked around, my eyes landed on the pictures against the mirror. Walking up to them I smiled so many good memories. I frowned at a picture of me and Tako during Halloween, we were dressed as Bonnie and Clyde looking at the camera holding a fake gun, we were so cute.

"Y'all look like a couple on that picture." August chuckled causing me to jump.

"No we don't, we were ten." I put the picture back where it belonged and threw my bags on my bed.

"You need anything? Maybe food or sum ?" August asked.

"Nah, I'm just going to unpack," I told him.

"Alright, welcome home sis." He kissed my forehead and I smiled. He left the room and I took a deep breath. I'm finally home.