Ch27.

📍Compton, Los Angeles. California.

Tako.

"I'm going to put some shots up at the gym baby you coming with me ?" I asked as I gently stroked Nora her hair while she was laying down in my bed

"No, I'm going to visit August later. I promised him." She said and I nodded before placing a soft kiss on her forehead.

It has been a month since August has been shot, he has been in a coma ever since. It has been tough for Nora, but she's been hanging on. I feel like she's only smiling when I make her smile or when she's playing basketball in the gym when we work out.

She's trying to visit him every day just like me, but graduation is coming up soon to.

"Let me know if something changed, I love you," I spoke softly against her lips, I hated to leave her alone but she kicked my ass last week for skipping gym sessions with this trainer I found online.

"I love you too, and kill it at the gym." She pecked my lips.

"I see you later, text me when you need something." I said before walking out of my bedroom, getting in my car. I started driving towards the gym where I was meeting Jermaine.

My trainer.

When I arrived at the gym, I got out of the car and grabbed my bag in the backseat before walking inside. I spotted Jermaine sitting on the bleachers and he looked up from his Ipad.

"Finally." He mumbled playfully before dipping me up.

"Wassup superstar, how are you doing ?" He asked me.

"Holding up, August still not awake." I sighed.

"He's a tough kid, it's going to be okay." He patted my shoulder as I nodded, I needed basketball to keep my mind off things.

"So what are we doing today ?" I picked up a basketball.

"First, you need to read this." He showed me his Ipad and I frowned seeing my name in an Instagram post.

"What's this ?" I asked taking the Ipad in my hand.

"Read it." He pushed.

@/highschoolbasketballtalk: It looks like 'Tako' Maurice Brown still has a chance to commit to a school this summer, the interest from the Florida Gators is thereafter they admitted they were scouting and keeping an eye on him.