Ch20.

📍Compton, Los Angeles. California.

Tako.

The moment we arrived at the center we immediately got out of August his car, there were cops everywhere

The moment we arrived at the center we immediately got out of August his car, there were cops everywhere. The place was swarmed with cops.

"I'm sorry but nobody is allowed to go through." A police officer held us back.

"I'm August Alsina, the owner. I got called to come here." August said, the officer looked us both up and down before he called for someone.

Another man came from behind the officer, a man in a suit.

"You are August Alsina ?" The man in the suit asked holding his hand out for August to shake.

"Yeah, I own this place." August shook his hand.

"And you are ?" The man raised his eyebrow looking at me.

"This is my brother-in-law." August introduced and the man held his hand out for me to shake.

"I'm detective Miller." He nodded while I shook his hand.

"Tako," I said causing him to give me a weird look.

"That's what everyone has been calling me all my life, my real name is Maurice." I clarified and he nodded.

"Well, a jogger ran past the center and found a head right behind the corner on the ground. The head is still there so you can both follow me." The detective said while he allowed us to go through the yellow tape and we followed him.

Walking behind the corner there was a white cover laid out on the ground with something underneath, which is probably the head.

I didn't know if I wanted to look but I couldn't let August go through this alone, feeling a weird feeling in my gut and my heart was beating fast.

"I just need to know if you two know who this is." The detective pulled the white cover from the head and my heart dropped, the lump in my throat and my stomach turned making me feel like I was about to throw up.

"Fuck." August cursed underneath his breath, I quickly turned around. I couldn't look at it anymore.

"I know him," August confirmed as I walked away from the two, I didn't want to hear the conversation, I didn't want to hear anything right now.

Walking back to the car, I planted my hands on the roof and looked down at my feet, feeling the tears fall from my eyes.