Ch28.

📍Baylor University, Waco. Texas.

Nora.

"So are you ready? Don't worry about the cameras, this is the first time the school gave this position to a streetball player

"So are you ready? Don't worry about the cameras, this is the first time the school gave this position to a streetball player." Candace gave me a reassuring smile as I took a deep breath.

It was media day, and a lot of people were here to find out my next big decision. There are rumors about what I'm going to do but now everything has been made official by Baylor and it became a big thing.

"Do I have to say anything special ?" I looked uneasy, I wasn't used to this. I never imagined this would happen.

"Just be yourself." She smiled and I nodded.

Seconds later, I walked inside the room. I spotted Tako and his mom in the back and smiled, I'm happy they are here.

I wish August was here too.

"Goodmorning everyone, today we are presenting to you our newest point guard that will be joining us next season. Nora Alsina, it's a pleasure to have you here. Now I'm sure that the media today have a lot of questions about this unexpected move, so I'm gon give the word to you so you can answer them." Candace nodded at me.

"Hi everyone, my name is Nora Alsina. I don't really know anyone of you but I'm sure we can change that. Yes, you." I pointed at a short man in the front.

"Nice to meet you Nora, my name is Andrew. I wanted to ask you, how do you live with all the pressure coming now around this unexpected move? All the media attention that comes with this ?" Andrew asked.

"I never really had any media attention before so this is all new to me, but I think with the right people in my corner it will all be okay. I have a lot of nerves so I hope you guys will take it easy on me, but the pressure with this move. It's there and I know it's there, I got time. And I know that this is where I want to be, even if this is an unexpected move. I never planned to go to college to play basketball but I played basketball my whole life so I'm confident in doing this. And I hope you all will enjoy my game while I'm here." I smiled and Andrew nodded, writing everything down.

"I'm sure we will, thank you, Nora," Andrew said before sitting back down.

I looked around for someone else and pointed at the woman in the back.

"Nice to meet you Nora, my name is Sasha. I wanted to ask you about how it feels to become a role model so fast for younger kids especially younger girls that don't play organized ball. Those kids that play streetball ?" Sasha asked and I actually liked this question.