Ch16.

📍Compton, Los Angeles. California.

Nora.

My eyes fluttered open, being met with the basketball posters-covered walls in Tako's room

My eyes fluttered open, being met with the basketball posters-covered walls in Tako's room. Looking down, I had Tako his shirt on. Memories from what happened yesterday started to hit me and I looked around the bedroom, the door opened and Tako walked inside with a cup in his hand.

"Here." He handed me the cup, it smells like tea.

"You made me tea ?" I looked up at him.

"Yeah." He nodded causing me to raise my eyebrow at him.

"Fine, my mom did." Smacking his lips before he got inside the bed with me, I smiled as he sat up against the headboard and pulled me closer to him.

"I'm so sorry." He blurted out causing me to look confused.

"Don't apologize, it wasn't any of your fault." I frowned.

"I feel like I failed you, I couldn't protect you just like I couldn't protect my brother the day he got killed. I felt miserable when I couldn't find you and I was so scared and then when I did find you all my control buttons just popped and I lost it." He shook his head.

"Baby it's not your fault, you know it isn't." I caressed his cheek.

"Still, I feel like I failed you." He sighed, I put my cup with tea on the dresser and straddled his lap. Cupping his face made him look into my eyes.

"You didn't fail me, you saved me. And I love you for that." I said truthfully and he had this glow in his eyes like I'm the only thing that matters in his eyes right now.

"I think I killed him." He blurted out after a moment of silence.

"Do you ?" I asked nervously.

"I saw red, when someone touches you or tries to hurt you I feel like I'm going crazy. I don't know, maybe it is because you are the only good thing in my life and in all honesty I hope he is dead because otherwise the next time I see him. He will be." He shook his head, anger laced his voice.

"I love you," I whispered softly and kissed his lips.

"I love you more." He nodded, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Did you talk to August about Ice ?" He changed the subject and I nodded, August told me about Ice having trouble paying his rest and Ice doesn't earn the same amount of money that he earned when he was doing jobs for Spooky.