Ch9.

📍Compton, Los Angeles. California.

Tako.

"So what you trynna eat ?" I asked Nora while we were standing in line at the Turkish snack bar, she was standing in front of me with my arms wrapped around her waist like I was her human shield.

"I don't know, maybe I want the kebab. It looks kinda good." She tapped her chin.

"You should do that, you know it's good." I nodded and kissed her chin.

"Can we take it with us? I wanna eat at your house." She looked up at me and I nodded, walking towards the counter we waited for someone to take our order.

"How can I help you ?" Yusuf stepped forward, he was the son of the owner from this place. Only 15 years old and already helping his dad out in business.

"Wassup man, can I get two times Kebab with fries and one Fanta and one Sprite please," I ordered.

"You want to eat here or take it with you ?" He asked while writing our order down.

"We gon take it with us." I nodded.

"Alright, that's 9 dollars." He said and I handed him the money.

"How is your dad ?" I asked him.

"He's doing good, the snack bar going good. I'm just helping out where I can." He said and I watched as he put the drinks inside a plastic bag.

"Your food will be ready in a second." He said and walked towards the kitchen.

"Baby, I gotta go pee," Nora said and I nodded, letting her go from my grip. I had my arms around her the whole time.

Sighing, I sat down on a chair at the counter to wait for my girl and our food.

From the corner of my eye, I saw movement and someone familiar, and when I turned my head my eyes widened.

It was that Pippa guy, the one who shot Rio his pregnant baby momma.

He was wearing his hoodie over his head but I could recognize him, I avoided eye contact and got my phone out. He can't recognize me because I'm not wearing anything that links me to the Bloods.

Taking a sneaky picture I sent it to Spooky.

"I'm done." Nora stood in front of me making me jump.

"Damn baby, don't do that shit." I held my hand over my chest and put my phone into the pocket of my hoodie.

"Scary ass." She mumbled and I opened my legs and pulled her in between.

"You staying the night ?" I asked softly caressing her arm.

"Again? I feel like I haven't seen my brother in weeks because of you." She laughed.

"I mean I can stay over at yours but August would make me sleep on the couch, or worse... Next to him to make sure I don't sneak into ur room." I shook my head.

"He probably would, y'all would be so cute." She laughed and pinched my cheek, I gave her a blank stare.

"Food is done," Yusuf said interrupting our conversation, Nora stepped aside to let me get up and I walked to the counter.