14 | progressive feelings

a/n - i felt like this chapter should be hella long, only because I want to include many interactions that build-up for their kiss. so in the end, this chapter should be roughly 2000-2500 words. btw this isn't edited lel.

enjoy !

• • • • • •

To her dismay, Valerie felt drained. Hence why she was found dozing off in her bedroom, faded music playing in a small shower speaker. Unlike previous nights, she couldn't sleep after the interaction she had with Ms Hale. Though she had heavy lids, Valerie still starred back at the neatly folded jumper in her navy luggage.

She had brought it with her. Why? No comment.

Somehow she found herself slowly falling for the woman even more, despite the obvious reasons in why she couldn't execute her desire. Yes, it was selfish for wanting someone you couldn't have. And yes, she shouldn't be affected by the woman so awfully.

And yet Valerie liked it. And perhaps, Ms Hale felt a fraction of what Valerie felt likewise.

Valerie's room had barely been touched when Ms Hale had opened the door. Her eyes became automatically directed to the sleeping brunette, who rested on the side with a pillow between her arms.

A small teddy bear was placed on the right of her. Its adorable figure resting sideways with some of the blanket already covering its lower half. Though she felt guilty for even coming into her bedroom, Ms Hale couldn't help but admire the girl whilst asleep.

a/n - that sounded more creepy than it should've 💀

Crouching down, her fingers hovered her upper half, hesitating in how to wake her. Ms Hale had noticed a few stray strands had drooped down her face, and absentmindedly, her fingers tucked it behind her ear.

"Valerie?" Lips forming into a light smile, Ms Hale nudged Valerie's shoulder, only for her to release a low groan as she barely moved in response. Again, Ms Hale repeated the action, saying her student's name a little louder for her to recognise.

This time Valerie's eyes began to open slightly, enabling her to wake up to an overfamiliar smile. Internally, Valerie questioned whether or not she was dreaming, however once realising, she turned over to the side, covering her face entirely as a beam of light surrounded her.

"Is it morning already?" Valerie mumbled, her voice muffled and coarse.

"Afternoon, actually." Ms Hale deadpanned as she watched the student re-position to the side, eyes diverting elsewhere as the blanket slipped downwards to reveal her barely covered body. "We're all heading out after lunch. You should come instead of moping around."

From her view, Ms Hale had heard a small scoff coming from the barely conscious student. "Not even five minutes awake and you're already harassing me."

"Harass is a strong word." Ms Hale wavered, voice tethered in sarcasm as she went onto the bed itself, sitting on the end of the mattress.

Sitting up, Valerie ran her hands through her hair, making it less ruffled than it already was. "You know, you shouldn't be saying stuff like that to your favourite student." She taunted, watching as Ms Hale rolled her eyes.

Managing to get out of bed, Valerie had made her way to the folded shirt on the nearby desk, only to find Ms Hale glancing back at her when she turned around. "Who told you that? Elijah?" The woman said, eyes daring to dip down below the girl's collarbone, her voice changing pitch in amusement.

At that moment, Valerie was suddenly aware of how exposed her body was. With only trackies and a sports bra, Valerie had felt awfully flustered and rather exposed. And from the way Ms Hale starred back, it didn't help her to voice out her words properly. "Let's say .. women's intuition."