40 | spare me the tantrum

• • • • • •

Currently, Aurora sat amongst what she assumed were Elijah's colleagues. With a leg crossed over the other, the woman kept to herself as her eyes remained glued to the magazine at hand, barely reading the lines as she took no interest in what was printed along each inked line.

Though she had dreamed about the 'business life', this was only a reality check in how boring it could be. A majority of the people within the building wore a suit and blazer, whilst the rest wore either a security or catering uniform. Out of the entire bunch, one could immediately associate her in being the odd one out, considering what was mundane to everyone in the building appeared to be, was consequently the prime aspect in making Aurora feel out of place.

Frequently, Aurora was able to catch note of the conversations around her, and from the way they spoke, the woman was glad she ditched the plan to graduate with a bachelor degree of business.

In the loss of thought, Aurora's vision scrambled the more she stared between the lines of her magazine, and as each second passed, all that invaded her mind was undoubtedly, Valerie.

She remembered her flamed touch. Her lips. Her strokes. Her body. Everything.

It was dreadfully wrong of her to think of Valerie in such vulgar ways. But after that night, it was all that Aurora could possibly think of. Aurora, never in her life, had ever felt so special. So endeared to have someone like Valerie by her side. Valerie gave her a feeling she could barely explain, nor truly figure out.

Though she did know how to describe it.

She felt like waves of pure euphoria that struck her blind heart with such ease, and she consumed each thought, each space, and every daydream Aurora had strung into her mind. At times, the brunette could also make her feel like a morbid fire that continued to spread like wildfire, in which fed on the idea of desire that Valerie gladly supplied.

Everything about her was purely the opposite to Elijah, and Aurora liked that.

With hands cupping each side of her shoulders, Aurora stifled a reflexed flinch once she recognised the brusque presence that towered behind her, forcing the woman out of her thoughts. Barely moving her head, Aurora continued to keep to herself as her eyes remained glued to the magazine.

Rather abruptly, she felt Elijah lean down and whisper in her ear. "..Did I make you wait long?"

Brushing off this motion, Aurora stood up without another word, causing Elijah's hands to fall from her shoulders, onto the arch of the seat.

Considering they were in public, Aurora forced out a tight, well-mannered smile. "Not at all."

Puzzled by her behaviour, Elijah tried to play it off as his eyes drifted to his surroundings, seeing at least half a dozen laid eyes upon him and Aurora's exchange.

"You said you needed to talk to me?" The man looked at Aurora as normally as he could as his hands fell to his sides before straightening his blazer, his eyes once more wandering to the unwanted sets of eyes around them. "I have time before my next meeting. I know somewhere we could go and talk."

"Lead the way, then. This won't take long." Sensing the ounce of embarrassment that poured into the atmosphere, Aurora reframed from smirking as she placed the magazine back onto the industrial coffee table.

It wasn't long until Elijah lead the woman somewhere secluded, much like what Aurora presumed was his office, which ironically, considering the man's capabilities, looked more spacious than what she imagined.

Almost acting as a thick thread, silence fell over the duo in the large space. Part of the silence was blatantly Aurora's doing, due to the distance she had put between herself and Elijah. Not because she was scared, but because she couldn't stand his presence.