20 | what now? • continued

a/n - this is just a continuation of the last chapter cause i didn't want it to appear as rushed or anything. so i just decided to break it up into a  pt.2  kinda thing. enjoy !

• • • • • •

Signalling the end of the period, the school bell had echoed through the speakers rather abruptly, causing Valerie to take advantage of the students that had slowly flooded into the hallway.

Purposely, Valerie packed her materials at a slow pace, taking her time as she observed Aurora's blank expression whilst she motioned for Eden to go ahead without her.

"Are you mad?" Valerie asked after a few silent moments.

To Aurora's surprise, the brunette's voice was incredibly sweet, holding not much motive behind her words, and as she listened, a part of her melted at the sight of her softened expression.

Consequently, Aurora had felt a pang of humiliation intoxicate her lips, forcing her to bite back her initial response, instead replacing it with less truth in its words as she briefly hesitated to speak. "It wouldn't be fair to you if I was."

In frustration, Aurora moved away from the girl, sparing herself a fleeting moment of heart ache as she noticed Valerie's gaze drag itself down to her own lips, then back up to her eyes once more.

In return, Valerie's body didn't dare to move as Aurora moved away, frozen in her spot as she continued to study the woman's flawless complexion from a distance. "Is there a reason why?"

".. I'm not entitled to be jealous of someone I don't even know, especially when it comes down to you. It's not fair to you if I was either way."

With the sweetness in the student's voice depleting, a more daring tone emerged in replacement as a few silent moments passed. "Would it be fair if I wanted you to be?"

Immediately, Aurora acknowledged Valerie's change of attitude, realising the sudden shift in her choice of words."What're you implying, Valerie?"

"If you were ever jealous would you admit that to me?"

Upon opening her mouth to speak, it irritated Aurora as she acknowledged the sudden hesitation in her words as they deemed empty to voice out.

"And if I did?" With a lightened tone, Aurora's voice finally echoed between the four walls that enclosed them, and as it reached Valerie, the girl had already noticed Aurora's piqued expression. "What would you do for me?"

"I'd reassure you." The brunette replied.

Valerie took the chance to move closer to the woman, engaging in the conversation as she maintained a steady tone. "As you would for me."

Treading carefully, Valerie ended up in front of Aurora, her hands casually resting on the table surface as Aurora's hung by her sides. ".. How so?"

"Be creative. I'm sure you know the answer."

Unlike before, Valerie's actions held purpose. And being aware of this, Aurora folded into each word the girl said, slowly succumbing to the tension that overflowed the room.

Unknowingly, Aurora stepped forward, her mind beginning to spiral as she breathed in the student's addictive sweetened scent.

She wanted to kiss the girl. And she'd take pride in doing so if it meant getting to taste her again. Even if it lasted for a few moments.

"Are you sure kissing me is the best option right now?" Valerie whispered, presenting a still smile on her lips as she tilted her head, discarding the fireworks in the pit of her stomach.