21 | keeping the secret

a/n - hi everyone!

this chapter takes place at the end of the week, a few days after the conversation both Valerie and Aurora shared.

i just wanted a little breather chapter that ik you guys would love to read anyways. it's nothing that extreme, and it still contributes to the storyline, but it has less drama and more fluff  (i think that's what i call it) between the two characters than usual.

lastly, it does seem like i'll have to post fewer chapters during the first two months of the new year.  ik im sad also

but thank you for sticking around anyways <33

• • • • • •

"Ms Walker." Aurora beamed as the door opened softly, her eyes briefly moving off the screen as she recognised the brunette's trailing footsteps. "Spending your free period here again, I suppose?"

A smile laid upon Valerie's lips as she dragged her feet towards the marble desk, placing her bag on a nearby station. "Where else would I go?"

The woman turned at the familiar aroma that flooded her senses completely, causing her to look her side to see Valerie's hovering body lean down to her own seated body height.

Looking up, Aurora couldn't resist smiling herself as she turned to face the brunette completely, pulling her glasses to the top of her head.

"You know, coming here during every free period isn't helping us staying a secret." Aurora sighed, her gaze already focused on the student in front of her. "You're rather hopeless at this."

"I am not." Valerie lightly scoffed, placing herself upon the vacant space on Aurora's desk, feeling an obvious stare watching her do so.

While comfortable silence overlapped the conversation, Aurora's heavy gaze scanned hovered over Valerie's simple complexion as her final words blurred past her ears. The brunette's eyes had seemed more full, displaying a generous amount of motive and romance, and her lips had a certain lift to them, highlighting her idyllic expression perfectly.

"I can never work properly with you here." Aurora muttered coherently, closing her computer with a lapsed groan.

"And why is that? Do I distract you?" Valerie countered with a small smile, her light laugh filling the room.

"That's exactly what you do. It's hard to work when I know you're staring at me like that."

Almost immediately, Valerie's chest tightened at Aurora's simple words. "Like what?" She asked, gazing beside her softly.

Turning back to the brunette, Aurora barely muttered a few words before her heart had sped up, causing the woman to cut her sentence short as she caught sight of the simple beauty in front of her.

"Like that." Aurora replied gently as she noticed Valerie's shy blush creep past her cheeks. "You're adorable when you're nervous, you know that right?"

"I'm not." Valerie replied in a flustered state.

Tilting her head to the side, Aurora's amused face radiated alongside the sunlight, her smile widening the longer she gazed up at the girl. "Adorable?"

"Nervous." Valerie corrected.

Aurora then voiced out a soft command, her velvety words expressing more than interest as the girl obeyed neatly. "Then come closer."

Valerie wandered closer, propping herself off the desk and roamed into Aurora's territory, feeling the burning stare as she did so. Leaving not much room, Aurora leaned forward as she took her students nervous hand and pulled her towards herself, watching as Valerie now stood in front of the leather chair that Aurora gladly sat upon.