26 | curiosity killed the cat

Upon being shook violently, Valerie's eyes immediately snapped open in sheer panic. She promptly sat up in her seat and pulled the sleeping mask down to her neck, seeing that Eden was the culprit in her violent awakening. "Val, wake up!"

In a drowsy state, Valerie scanned the environment through the tinted window to the side of her, noticing another load of students flood out of four other buses.

On the opposite side of her, Eden was practically jumping in her seat.

Oblivious to the brunette's despondent expression, Eden took the girl by her wrist, dragging her accordingly with both her own belongings and Valerie's backpack slung on her other hand, colliding with other rushing strident a on their way out. "We need to get good dorms, so c'mon."

Luckily for the seniors, the week had been promised with endless activities for the grade to experience, alongside bright weather, but unluckily for Valerie, she had already reminisced the comfort and air-conditioned environment of her home as she proceeded to step out of the hired bus.

As she was blinded by the expected sunlight, she bit back a low curse, covering her eyes with the tinted sunglasses that hung on the the waistband of the her low-cut skirt.

Valerie opted for a more suitable outfit for the first day, and considering the current weather, she had made the right choice.

Alongside her whitened skirt, she wore a black hand-cutted tank top that had just reached the bottom of her bra, revealing her bronzed figure from her chest down to just above her waist.

Near the edges of the gathered crowd, stood Aurora with the rest of the teachers. In different areas of the student horde, the volunteered chapter ones had assembled, and after a few moments, Aurora understood that Elijah was shockingly one of them.

Ironically, he stood near Valerie, and as moments passed, she realised he'd keep leaning down to talk to her, whispering something in her ear and then vigorously scan the rest of the crowd whenever Valerie would shrug hopelessly in reply.

Before she could even decide in what she would do, a member of the resort had arrived at the set destination, alongside other accompanied staff, causing all eyes to be on them.

"Now before we let you explore, I'd like to explain some ground rules for youse to follow..."  The man said in a faded accent, tilting his cap upwards to fully overlook the crowd.

As the man continued to explained the many rules they had to abide by, Elijah excused himself, finding that he wanted to find Aurora himself seeing that there were still buses being unloaded.

In result of the harsh sunlight, Valerie blocked her eyes as best as she could as she zoned out after Elijah left, causing the rest of the sunlight to continue to settle on the other side of her face where some of her freckles came into view.

From where Aurora stood, the woman took note of the student's in-and-out focus as her eyes flickered back to her. The brunette looked as if she had wandered into her own world, oblivious to what she was meant to do.

Aurora, who strolled carefully up to where Valerie stood, slightly colliding with her shoulder, causing Valerie to be pulled back from her daydream.

"Are you listening, Ms Walker?" Aurora hummed out expectedly, her gaze tilted downwards.

Head turning to the velvety voice, Valerie looked through her tinted sunglasses up towards Aurora, internally grateful that Aurora couldn't see the glint in her gaze. "I am now."

"Mhm." The woman hummed once more approvingly, tucking the few strands draped upon the side of her face behind her ear.

Aurora then turned her head back to the instructor, who still explained what the seniors could and could not do.