36 | operation sleepover

Raising a gifted mug to her lips, Aurora's idle body stood behind the kitchen counter, watching as Valerie took it upon herself to explore the interior of the penthouse, carefully gliding her fingertips on each surface she passed.

Hearing the light splatter of rain, the woman averted her gaze to the enlarged window to the left of her, seeing that in exchange of the light downpour, the evening sky had looked much darker than usual.

Inhaling deeply, the woman took another sip from her mug.

Pursing her lips, Aurora spared a second glance to the brunette, noticing her chocolate eyes skim through the framed photos that hung on the grey wall.

Valerie, who was oblivious to the woman's stare, continued to skim her gaze over the several portraits, her eyes specifically stopping at a certain engagement picture.

"I see you've found my photos."

Obscurely, Valerie questioned the subtle upwards curl that met the woman's lips as she turned around, welcomed by the floral aroma that radiated from the woman's body.

"That dress you wore in that photo," The girl trailed, her lips parting as she sucked in a breath, feeling a tight grip on her waist pull her closer. "It's pretty."

"Elijah gave it to me on one of our anniversaries; said it looked like on me. It's been in my closet ever since." The woman hummed, her possessive grip loosening on her waist as it now rested on the raised surface behind the girl.

Cornered between the woman's body and the counter, Valerie's gaze flickered between Aurora's eyes and her lips.

"You still have it?" She mumbled.

Over the brunette's shoulder, Aurora peered at the framed photo with dread, then back to the cornered girl, finding her 'in awe' expression very much amusing.

"I do." Aurora hummed in a light tone. "Do you want it?" She offered.

Shaking her head in response, Valerie took it upon herself to wrap her hands around the woman's neck, subtly gesturing for her to lean down a little more.

As she leaned down far enough, the girl lowered her voice, her words drawing out as a no louder than a gentle, pleading whisper. "Can I see it on you?"

Her jaded eyes perked up expectedly, seeming to be taken by surprise from the action as curiosity washed over her.

With her heart pounding out of her rib cage, Aurora looked at the girl for a moment as she was stuck in the gentle trance of the girl's eyes once she leaned back up. "It's quite difficult to say no to you when you look at me like that."

Hands gliding to her upper chest, Valerie tilted her head to the side. "Is that a yes?"

Struggling to take her eyes off the girl, Aurora managed to scoff in retreat, hoping that the blush in her cheeks wasn't as prominent as she believed it was.

"Unfortunately." She muttered, her hands moving over the intertwine with Valerie's, leading her somewhere down the hall.

".. Stay on the bed whilst I get dressed."

• • • • • •

Like the girl expected, the woman didn't have much in her room. Aside from the paperwork that was dumped on the desk facing the enlarged window, everything else in her room was kept to a minimal.

The walls her painted in an off white colour, her furniture entailing a minimalistic style, alongside her bed covers and everything else enclosed inside the four walls she was also trapped in.