39 | one step back, four steps forward

a/n - this shit is unedited again. lmao what a big surprise

• • • • • •

Moving under the white covers, awakened by the sunlight that peaked through the opened shutters, chocolate eyes scanned over the now lit up room, brows raising once noticing the lazily slung clothes that were scattered across the bedroom floor —which soon led to the core memory that began to sizzle on her lower lip in explicit recollection of the previous night.

With instinct, Valerie's eyes slid to the side of her, expecting another woman to lay soundlessly on the other side of the bed, however upon looking, the bed lacked another body.

Almost in disappointment, the brunette let out a sigh as she wiped her exhausted eyes.

"Ah. Sleeping beauty's awake."

Standing by the doorway, Aurora pursued her words with a cruel smile as she watched Valerie's hand clamp onto the only thing that kept her naked body hidden.

Once her head swivelled towards the woman, she felt relief wash over her drowned-out figure.

Despite the nearing afternoon, Aurora looked like she was needed elsewhere. Her white button-up was similar to the one she wore last night, however this one didn't have nearly enough crinkles and smudges. The polo she wore had been neatly tucked into the hem of her beige skirt, however this time, the skirt was even shorter than she wore last night.

"It's too early in the morning for you to antagonise me." Valerie blinked a few times, trying to adjust from the blaring sunlight that came from the right of her as she heaved a heavy breath. "What time is it?"

"A little past eleven." The woman said, placing her glasses on the roof of her head. "I didn't wanna wake you so early on. You were exhausted last night."

Managing to somehow dodge the pillow thrown at her, Aurora peacefully walked her way over the seated brunette, and as she reached her, the first welcomed gesture was a civil kiss on her lips.

"In my defence, I didn't expect to be up until 3am." Slightly breaking apart, Valerie grazed her lower lip on Aurora's before pushing her away completely, ultimately making Aurora giggle at her stuck-up behaviour. "Nor the six rounds that followed after our first."

Aurora didn't plead her case any further, only shrugging in honesty as she leaned away from the girl, the subtly in her drifting stare loosing its invisibility once she smiled. "I told you, I'm competitive."

Thrown off by the woman's pacified gaze, Valerie fumbled with her words as she finally noticed her floating stare lower each time she looked away.

Aurora had then cleared her throat as her hands drifted off into her blonde locks, hoping to break the exceedingly loud silence that fed on both of the women's nervous hearts. "Now, I'm not really a superb cook. So will pancakes do?"

In the moment, Aurora's eyes pierced into Valerie's.

"Mhm." Valerie muttered, nodding her head coherently as an extra gesture.

The woman not only watched as Valerie tightly pressed her lips together, but also took note of the several breaths she took, which then unironically fed the pace of which her chest raised up and down.

"There's clothes for you in the bathroom to change into. When you're ready, head out into the kitchen."

• • • • • •

Steadily walking past the island pillars, the brunette watched as Aurora read the instructions from the back of the cardboard box. As unfortunate as it was, Aurora looked rather concentrated, enough to say that she didn't hear the brunette's incoming presence - not until Valerie spoke softly from over her shoulder.