27 | finding the girl in white

| a few hours later |

Just as Valerie arrived back at the dorms, dread filled her eyes as she took one glimpse at the younger brunette, who gazed up with a knowing stare.

"Do you wanna go out?"

Slipping off her shoes, Valerie moved towards the girl after shutting the door, releasing a small laugh as she replied, her body instantly finding the comfort of the mattress she collapsed on. "Where? We'll be caught if we go out now, they'll starts check ups in an hour and a bit."

Rolling her eyes, Eden matched the girl's position, laying down on the same bed as Valerie. "As if that would stop you. Besides, at my rotation, I heard one of the resort managers say something about an birthday party tonight."

Eden watched as her friend titled her head to the side, arms crossed as she breathed in the relaxing, earthy aroma that settled in their room. "Since when do you ever say no to sneaking out?"

After Valerie remained quiet, Eden convinced her further. "Oh come on, It'll be fun! If it's not, then we can leave as soon as you want to."

Reluctantly, Valerie balanced both decisions in her mind, leaning over to one side, then the other. "Promise?" She urged, squinting her eyes as stared the girl down, who in return, rolled her eyes and compromised.

"Promise." She smiled.

• • • • • •

It was just a little over 9pm when Valerie lightly pressed her ear onto the door, patiently waiting for the fading footsteps to turn the corner. Letting a breath of readiness, she opened the door gently as both Eden and her made a swift dash to the other side of the hall, where soon, the resort entrance would come into view.

Barely out of breath, Valerie muttered a questioned as they both came to a stop, navigating where to go next. "Where did you say this was?"

"They said near the the beach front, near the chaperone dorms." Eden murmured, moving onwards after seeing no incoming resort members in her line of sight.

After a few silent moments, Valerie inhaled deeply, breathing in the oceanic scent that flooded her senses as she walked side to side with Eden.

It wasn't long before Valerie heard the distorted music from where she was.

"Are you sure this is only a birthday party?" Valerie questioned uncertainly.

"It should be." Eden shrugged beside her, leading them both into the crowd. "I mean, that's what I heard at least—"

Just as they neared, they noticed the enlarged part of the crowd behind the several pillars that made the area more secluded.

Beside her, Eden threw her head back as she squealed in excitement, using shaking Valerie violently as she starred at the massive mob, observing the many men that caught her attention.

"I'm going to birthday parties more often." She murmured loudly, considering the over-bearing music played upon the surrounding speakers.

Dragging her on, Valerie laughed to herself, allowing her body to take control as she followed Eden towards the crowd, somewhat excited in what it has to offer.

• • • • • •

Bringing her hands to her forehead, she swept the few droplets of light rain away as found herself on the dance floor, surrounded by the many strangers that visions were similarly blurred.