3

“Welcome to junior high Y/N.” He showed off his bear smile. Handing me a red heart shaped balloon. I am 15 years old now. He was a uni student. In the same campus I was admissioned in. It took me lots of hard work to get into this school.

“Thank you.” Taking the balloon from his hand I lightly grin. “Hey Joon wanna go clubbing tonight?” She was fair, with brown locks and a petite waist. Makeup perfectly pasted. Among all of these her attitude was what made me extremely insecure.

How can she call him Joon? Wasn’t I the only one who was supposed to call him that? “Not today Rina I have to tutor kids.” His reply made me happy. I suppressed a leer about to break on my face. “Is she one of those kids you’re gonna tutor?” Why does she need to act so pesky? “She’s my childhood friend and my neighbour.”

Ruffling my hair he introduced me to that girl. I dislike her already. How can she label me as a kid? I’m 15 years old, a few more years and I’d be an adult. Who’d marry Namjoon at the earliest I can.

“Oh nice to meet you.” She stretched her hand out. No, I don't wanna befriend her. “Joonie, I have classes. Don’t wanna be late on my first day. Bye Rina. Striding on my black converse high I smugly walk away. Rina you better watch out for yourself. He ain’t your boyfriend for you to behave like his girl.

-A MONTH LATER-

Running in the senior hallways. I flung the door open. Thankfully there weren’t any students or I would have been a laughing stock for them.“I’m sorry, I ended up dozing off in the last period.” Sheepishly beaming I settle myself on the chair, opposite to him. “It’s fine. So should we start studying?” “Yep.”

Wearing his usual round glasses he intensely flips through his notes. No matter how many times I visualise this side of him. It still is gonna be fresh and seductive to me. “Y/N what was your recent maths test score?” His question made me sad. I handed over my answer sheet to him. “83 is an amazing score. I’m proud of you.”

But I’m not Joonie, I wanted to ace a 100. I’m anticipating a hug and even a kiss maybe? “I’ll work harder next time.” He frowned. “Are you not satisfied with these marks?” “No I’m not, I’ve disappointed you.” Staring at my lap, I avoid eye contact with him. “Hey are you crying?” Tears had started trickling down my cheeks. I was a mess. He pushed forward his chair, raising my chin.

“You’re doing great and I believe in you. These grades are super good. You shouldn’t judge your worth on the basis of academics. What do I always tell you? There are many other fields you could whiz in. If you fail in one you’ll triumph your luck in another. First and foremostly you haven’t even failed this test.”

His arms wrapped around me encouraging me to cry on his chest. Fisting my palm on his sweater I burst into ugly tears. My gaze fell on the class door. Rina stood there shocked. “Joon, can you give me a good luck kiss?” Hiccuping in between my sobs I glance at him hopefully.

He seemed to have been taken back by my request. “It’s fine if you don’t want to I-” without my sentence being complete I felt his lips on my cheek.

Rina was astounded and so was I. But out of contentment. “You're still the same cute girl who enjoys cheek kisses as a dose of motivation.” His dimples curved on the side of his cheekbone. “Thank you.” Tilting my head lightly I peck his cheek. Grabbing my bag hastily. “You once told me I shouldn’t go away just like that without taking a return kiss from you. How could I forget that?”

Noticing his red cheeks I was screaming internally. Bowing at him gratefully I rushed to the door. Smirking at Rina crying. Serves you right. Joonie is my boyfriend and my future husband.

-FINAL YEAR OF HIGHSCHOOL-

My prom date didn’t show up. I initially had planned to ask Joon out for the prom. Sadly the authorities passed an order for the partners to be one whom we genuinely know. Since I wasn’t dating someone, my homeroom teacher paired me up with one of my classmates. The thought of him being jolly with Rina made me restless.

“Y/N where’s your partner?” Speaking of the witch and here she is. To sprinkle salt on my wounds. “I don’t know.” For the first ever time I had experienced the bitter taste of downfall. The reason being my stupid useless partner. “Do you wanna know who my partner is?” It’s my Joon, quit your goodey-girls shoes talk. “Y/N-ah why are you alone?”

Joon’s appearance calmed my nerves. “He ditched me.” Lowly whispering, I was mentally laughing at myself. My years old love was querying on where my unwanted prom partner was? What an amazing night it is in my life. “That asshole.” The way those curse words rolled off his tongue was a feeling of consternation to me. “Be my prom partner. I’m volunteering tonight at your party as part of senior  service. You won’t feel alone or left out.”

Butterflies erupted in my stomach at Namjoon’s proposition. How could he save me in each and every situation? Lending his hand to me, he walked us to the dance floor. Rina’s expression was a luscious view for the centuries to come. He shroud his arm on my waist, guiding me perfectly to the rhythm.

“You look mesmerizing today, big girl.” I blushed for the nth time in our 7 years of friendship yet once again. Oh! How enchanting is the word big girl. “You're a strong woman today and you should be proud of it.” I am Joon, being in your arms and your warmth I firmly accept myself as a mature woman. Your woman.

“Mind if I spin you?” Giggling, I nod at his gentlemanly behaviour. Those orbs reflected with nothing apart from adoration. Everyone was paying attention to us. It made me self conscious. His epiphanic talks distracted me perfectly. The consensual music shifted to a higher upbeat. Our legs moved hastily, chortling to the adrenaline rushing in our nerves. “Joon you’re so cool.” His wink and the typical eyebrow upliftment sparked goosebumps on my figure.

“And you’re cute.” My back rested on his torso. He lifts my figure up gently like one in movies. The famous 'Swan lift.' The only thing remaining was for us to get married. “Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!” Sudden yelps from my batch mate frightened me. So did it to him. We seized on the spot. Twirling me perfectly he slants my body gently holding my nape.

“Pardon me I will have to do this.” The moment his lips landed on mine, My heart raced uncontrollably. I didn’t know how to reciprocate that loving act of his. Cheers and loud applause resounded in my ears. Regardless of my surroundings all I cared for was him. My first love and now officially my first kiss.

We won the couple of the year, it wasn’t the award that made me excited instead the kiss we shared. Though it was him who moulded and chimed our lips in a perfect maze. Neverthless my love for him was beyond mere emotions and bigoted expressions.