4

Second year of university and my love phase had been sinking in the rough waves of trials. Namjoon had graduated and left. I was all alone. Since the past year he’s been giving me the cold shoulder. Did I do something wrong? The day he kissed me I genuinely had a hope that maybe somewhere in his heart he would love me too.

Have I perhaps come so far in this world of love. I've failed to notice he sees me as nothing more than a friend or is it sisterly adoration? I don’t wanna be his sister. Rina stopped talking to me after prom day. She’s probably upset that he ditched her to dance with me. It ain’t my fault. Joon’s always been an empathetic man. It was him who chose to be my prom partner and not the other way around.

“Y/N your lecture is about to start.” She shook my shoulder. “I’m not in the mood to attend it.” She quietly sat in front of me. Jhagi, why would you leave me alone?” There he comes. Her boyfriend, a pouty and whiny man. Who wouldn’t go on a second without her. She was my senior.

They had a similar sort of story like me. The only difference being he reciprocated her feelings. Even admissioning to do masters in this university. Just so he could stay by her side. “Oh hey Y/N.” Stuffing a sweet bun in his mouth he waved his hand in the air. “Hello brother-in-law.” Smirking at her I flip through my books.

An important exam was going to be held in the afternoon. My thoughts were rummaged with Namjoon and his callowness. What should I do for him to notice me? “What sort of a personality do guys prefer in girls?” They stared at me with wide eyes. “Is it related to your Joonie?” She shrieked in displeasement. “Yes,” fiddling with my fingers I confirm.

“I love my girlfriend as she is. He should love and accept you for who you are. There’s nothing you have to change in yourself. If he ain’t paying attention to you. It’s his fault. Jung Hoseok exists bro why don’t you try dating him?” Jimin and his lover are always keen on me dating the hot dancer of our campus. Him and Hobi are best friends. I can’t deny he was everything that a girl would be fascinated with in her boyfriend. But how should I date him when my heart is still stuck on my childhood love?

“I have an exam to attend soon. Farewell lovebirds.” Bading them goodbye I ran away. They were feeding each other. Making me jealous. Why can’t Joon be this considerate? Am I not obvious enough with my feelings? Is it possible since he’s a mafia he’s into one of his gang members? No! No, you should stop overthinking Y/N. He’s a professional man.

I mean it’s been more than ten years and he ain’t paying any heed to my affection. He won’t bother about their feelings either. History states you could fall for someone in a second or after a decade. What if he’s experienced that one second? Am I strong enough to watch him marrying that bitch?

Is it Rina? That woman is missing and not luring near our houses from the past few years. Did she marry someone? Has Joon married her secretly? No! He can’t do this to me. I’ve been striving and trouncing in this voyage of one sided love since childhood. Manifesting for her to be married to someone else. Or I won’t hesitate to barge inside her house at midnight and suffocate her with a pillow.

Can’t risk going during daylight. He might assume I’m a violent lady. The chances of Joon marrying her are very low. Considering he’s always out on missions and doesn’t have any visitors at his house.

Quit procrastinating Y/N focus on your examination. Joon is a mafia. Even then he studied and topped his class. You should ace in these exams too.

-5:00 P.M.-

Pushing open the gate of my home, my ears perked up hearing a car park. Instantly snapping my head in that direction. He exits his car in a black leather jacket. A white see through shirt, and blue faded ripped jeans. Why is he wearing a see through shirt? Is it a technique to seduce his victims? Are all his victims females? Did he fall in love with one of them and is secretly arranged to marry her? As part of their dark world deals?