5

It was my last year of university. I gave up. Not my love. Instead the last bits of hope left in my heart. That he’ll love me. She graduated and left the university. Jimin used to visit her despite passing out before her. A true example of real lovers they were. Our bond might have perished. Even then she was caring for my well being amidst the shadows. “Y/N we have an important matter to discuss with you. Come downstairs.”

Sighing, I obeyed her command. What is this man doing here? There he sat opposite to my parents. Sipping on a cup of tea. “You’re getting married.” This was the least I had expected to hear. “Who’s the groom? Is he fine with me working after marriage?” Guess obtaining my love ain’t in my fate.

“It’s your childhood friend Namjoon. He would keep you away from his mafia activities. He's assured us on that part.” My heart skipped a beat. “What?” He smiled at me. “I would love to marry you Y/N, if only you're fine with me.” After a whole year he spoke to me. And that was to marry me. “I am ready.” Without thinking or pondering on his behavior change I agree. “Your marriage shall be held the month after you graduate.”

Shyly nodding my head, I usher upstairs. Hearing my parents' laughter. “Our daughter is such a shy girl.” Dad, you're mistaken. I’m a wholeass Namthighs enthusiast. The numerous unholy thoughts that had surfaced in my brain on the day he had kissed me. You wouldn’t wanna hear it.

Graduation came by and I was successfully felicitated as the valedictorian. Joon’s appearance at my house was no longer seen. After the marriage proposal. There was a week left for us to tie the knot. Negative notions had started surfacing my brain. Does he want to marry me genuinely? Love ain’t felt from his side. He’s probably fulfilling some responsibility my parents asked him to do.

On the day of our marriage, I appeared to be the most beautiful bride. He held me tenderly in his arms. Kissing my lips ever so gently. There were no further actions from him. We slept in the same room. As strangers though, “Y/N make sure to have your meal.” A simple sentence and a beam of satisfaction was seen on my face. “I will join you too.” We ate together, slept together. Two mere strangers residing in a house by the label of home it was.

Things changed, he finally confessed his love to me. And we gave ourselves to each other. Is this even the right term to use? Because the next morning when I woke up. He was wearing his shirt. “I’ve completed my mission. You were nothing but a task for me to integrate. Forget this ever happened. Keep your feelings to yourself.”

Shutting the door on my face he carelessly walked out of my life and this house. The following week wasn’t easy for me. I wasn’t in the right state of my mind. Hating myself for having allowed him to use me. Mafia’s aren’t good. I should have known that. He proved it to me. He was right, I’m not capable enough to join his gang.

I can never be ruthless and stoop so low to fake my love and use someone. I’m so stupid. Having had enough of myself and him I ran away. He had left me. In the middle of the night. Wherever my feet carried me. My condition wasn’t the best. Clothes disheveled and hairs scrunched off. Bathe? I took one daily. Scratching my skin. Crying my heart out. Trying to erase his touch. To every girl her dignity is what matters the most. He successfully ruined my self respect. In the name of my husband.

Jimin was driving his car, talking to his wife. “Jimin, can you slow down?” He quirked his brow. “Isn’t that Y/N?” Flashing his car lights in the mentioned direction. He gasped along with her. “Stop the car.” Parking it near the footpath both of them get out. “Y/N.”

She found me. I didn't know what to say though. Standing on my spot with my head hung low. “Y/N it’s me Ammu. Do you remember me and Jimin used to make you cringe?” If it was a year ago. I’d have probably laughed and hugged her. I am derelicted now. I had nothing to say. Jimin placed his coat over my shoulders. “You must be cold. How about you staying with us tonight?”