17

The next morning Ralph stood at your doorstep. His fists were balled. “Must be really enjoying your sleep! After ruining our peace.” Yawning, you rub your eyes trying to adjust to the surroundings. “What lie did I say? Wasn't it the truth? Aiden is a wise man and perceives reality. Nothing wrong with it.” Scoffing, he marched upto you. His hand raised mid air close to your neck but he held himself back.

“If I wished I'd choke you to death now. That's a disadvantage to me though. I don't want my brother to think I have no morals and your stupid blaming was true. Now get up, you gotta attend the chess game. After all, your little ex is here. Someone has to do the favor to save him. We don't want him dying just like that now, do we?”

Rolling your eyes, you cover yourself with a blanket. “I remember clearly telling everyone yesterday I'm not interested in saving his life.” His lips curved up. “Oh! Come on we both know you're desperate to see him get out of here. There's no one he could call his if that ain't you.” Chortling, he walked out. “I don't care do whatever the fuck you want with him.”

Grumbling, you continue sleeping. Aiden held Namjoon with his hands chained. “And that's your ex wife's proclaimed love. She's not interested in being associated with any of your affairs.” Namjoon's lips faltered. “She'd prefer watching me getting exiled then lend a helping hand to spare my life.”

Aiden's eyes were bloody red. “This game shall happen, none can stop it. Y/N has to play. I'll prove it to her. My skills ain't for my brother's business display.” Marching inside the room he threw the blanket away frightening you.

“Wake up you lazy mutt you gotta play a match against me. I won't let you prove your words right. You gotta compete fairly with me.”

Sighing you sit up. “Can you speak sensibly? I don't know a single thing that happens in that chessboard of yours. How am I supposed to compete fairly with you then?” Rubbing his nape he looked away as reality dawned upon him. A vicious smirk masked his worry glaring at you.

“You can't play chess but I can. For me to compete against my brother and side up with you. You'll have to win against him in another game. The game that is purely luck based: 'snake and ladders'. Does this interest you now?”

Snake and ladders was a game anyone could play. Aiden's idea wasn't something you could ever imagine. No way he had a man sized snake and ladder did he? Noticing the confusion on your face he chuckled. “I don't have a board for that game, it ain't hard to create one though. Get ready and meet up with me in an hour on the second floor. Now hurry up! We gotta win against him and save that mafia of yours.”

Raising your brow you dismissed his idea. “Don't need any sort of favors from you Mr Mafia.” Gazing at his clock he tapped his feet out of pure frustration.

“Stop your petty whining 58 mins to go. I'm off. I'll consider this one as even. Never have I competed against my brother. This shall be the first and the most interesting one.”

Jogging outside he left the other two males behind. Forgetting their existence. Aiden was as much a cheerful man as he was. When it came to his reputation he'd forget everything to prove himself right, not the world. This one was a special case. He was put up against his brother this time. It was a death situation. Losing or giving up wasn't an option.

-AN HOUR LATER-

You stood at the end of the room watching Namjoon dressed up in blue clothes. Aiden held a die which was close to Ralph's height.

“Let's begin with the rules of the game first. Whoever wins gets to compete in the final round which is of course my ruling area the masters of masters 'Dead Doms Chess Arena' if Y/N ends up winning this game she'll get a chance to play the next round with me. If not it'll be a 1 on 1 match against the brothers. Namjoon's role shall be that of a supporting character. Doesn't matter who wins? His death is destined. A key point to note is that if Yoongi wins this match Namjoon shall be his pawn for the next match. And if it's the other way around he'll be my pawn. Ladies and Gentlemen let the game begin.