18

The very next morning you were summoned at Aiden’s chess room, with a wounded Ralph by his side. “So Aiden, are you ready to defeat your brother?” From the corner of your eyes you could see Aiden's gaze faltering, his fingers shivered.

“I knew it. These brothers won't stop anyone from having each other's back. Be it even that they gotta kill someone on the way for disrupting their bond.” Namjoon was held by two bulky men as he got inside.

“Seems really super skeptical of you. Are you planning to deceive me and let your brother have this win.” Noticing his Adam's apple go up and down, you knew that was the plan. This was probably planned to make up for Ralph's loss the previous day.

“Well let me remind you once again. You chose this yourself, you'll play for me if I win against your brother. If you choose to betray me now you're breaking your mafia morals. Let's get it over with.”

Standing at the end of the podium you gestured Namjoon to take his position. Knowing Aiden's skills it wouldn't take him long before Ralph would be down.

“I don't fucking care he won't be spared by my hands either way.” Ralph declared. Gritting his teeth he made his first move.

Aiden had all his attention on the game board now. The pawn that his younger brother had chosen happened to be a grave smoker. The former despised them. This decision was made by your intelligence. If Aiden had to be controlled you had to make use of his biggest weakness.

“Aiden the man standing in front of you is a chain smoker. He burnt his friend's arms while he was intoxicated.” His eyes burnt with a new turned desire now. The desire to kill him. “By losing to your brother you're losing to him.” Agitating him further you remark. Fisting his hands he shook his head.

“I won't lose to such a low life. Never!” Licking your lips you smirk. Namjoon was shocked by your behavior. Since when did you turn out to be so decisive and inhumane?

“Namjoon, go to the left.” Aiden commands. His goal was simple: he wanted to kill that pawn. Done with his stupidity you get closer to him whispering into his ear.

“Have him for the last get rid of the king first. Ralph won't spare any mercy on your pawns soon. It's better if you hurry up.” His gaze grew dark. Of course it was the reality. Ralph wanted to win even if that meant sparing the life of the pawn that he so damn eagerly wanted to exile.

“Ralph you can't do this to me.” His vehement yell echoed inside the room. Chuckling slowly you watched everything unfold in front of your eyes. The younger one blinked his eyes, confused by his brother's actions. It didn't take him long before he figured out the reason behind his anger.

“Brother I promise you I'll hand him over to you. Control yourself.” This was the moment you had been waiting for. Masking your happiness speaking with an aggrieved tone.

“Aiden, didn't I warn you earlier? Your brother sees no sort of potential in you? Well it's proven now. He wants you to feel you've won by his mercy. Once he's won he'll give you that pawn. Woah- never knew Ralph was this merciful and enjoyed charity.”

The elder's heart broke listening to your retort. He had to win this game now either by hook or crook. “The real game is about to begin now.” Ralph mentally cursed at you.

Pawns after pawns were removed out of the board. Ralph was clearly at the losing end, his hands were sweaty. “Come on, Aiden, you can do it.” Encouraging him, you stood at the end of the board. With a final move he announced “checkmate” cheering in victory at his brother's loss.