14

“Wasn't your plan to torture me? When you got me here?” Wearing his hat and leather gloves he smirked. “If that was my intention I wouldn't have bothered getting you here. I'd have you killed in front of him. That'll be the ultimate pain embodied in his heart. And a sight that'll be worth watching.” Scoffing, you look away from his bloody hungry gaze.

“He doesn't love me. I've told a million times. You've got the wrong woman. It was supposed to be Rina, not me. I'm his ex wife. Haven't you got my background check done? It was an arranged marriage for fuck sake. He never loved me. You're well aware of it as well. Then why do this?”

The sound of horses was heard. “He's here be obedient.” Warning you, the former takes a seat on the couch opposite to you. “I played chess today. What a boring game it was. That drunk bastard won. I lost.” On listening to his brother's words. His ears perked up. “There's finally someone in the race who could defeat you. Marvelous!” Those words erupted goosebumps in your skin. “What did you do with him?” Turning his head the childish behavior was long gone from his face. “I spared his life. Aiden never plays foul in his business.”

Ralph the younger one walked upstairs eager to see the man who had dared to defeat his brother. “He's not there. I asked my men to send him away.” Sighing he walks back downstairs. “Aiden do you hate me?” His hand stopped midway as he poured the liquor in the glass. “Why would I hate you? There's no reason for me to do so! You ain't an alcoholic nor do you smoke cigars. A clean woman doesn't deserve any sort of disrespect. You're under my care.”

Unlike Ralph his older brother was far more mature and composed. He killed people but never let blood get on his hands. The whole reason why the younger one always asked you to be your best self around him. Offending him would lead to death.

“What if I end up on your chess board someday?” Taking a sip he laughed. “I'd let you win then. There's no way I would prefer winning against a player who has no knowledge about my game. Fair or square honesty is a must.” Rolling his eyes Ralph stood up.

“You're spoiling her a little too much. Tone it down! That ain't your sister.” The word sister brought back all the memories you had with those two.

“Yeah! Right I'm not. The ones who treated me as one. No longer are here.” Patting your shoulder Aiden smiles.

“Ralph's a prick at time ignore him. You're a sister to me. And I mean it.” His eyes could bewilder anyone not you staying with them you knew. Aiden was someone secretive when it came to his job.

Apart from his rhetorician behavior he was quite a man of his words and beliefs. Ralph, unlike him, would express his animosity even if it meant eradicating people who would dare defy him. For now, you weren't in the stage to trust him. Aiden was breaking those walls around you.

“If she was alive would you treat her the same?” He stopped drinking while gazing at me. “Mafia don't love, they enjoy killing. You should know my answer better and a woman like her is definitely a hindrance in anyone's path.” These words triggered you.

“What do you mean by a woman like her? She's the loyalest, kindest and the most loving one anyone could come across. Jimin didn't just love her just like that. He wasn't crazy for her beauty. He knew she was special. Hence, he claimed her. If it weren't for them I wouldn't believe love existed to this day. Don't you dare spew any nonsense about her.”

Aiden's lips curved up. Standing up from his seat. Tucking a hand in his pocket. “Seems like they left behind a huge impact on you. A broke and cheated upon lady still entrusts there's love? Witnessing a couple.” Those words striked something in your heart. “You still believe there's love? Accept the bitter reality that ain't meant for you Kim Y/N!”

Turning on his boots heels he walks away. Leaving you dumbfounded.

Wasn't it the truth? There wasn't anyone better than you who knew how love felt. It was a serene feeling of victory and abandonment. Afraid someday the la la land that you had built would be destroyed. You weren't ready to accept you were a victim of that destruction. One that you didn't see coming along the way in the name of so called LOVE. Wasn't affection said to be momentary happiness? Pain shall fade away. A new path would be unlocked with new people. A new journey of love. Then why were you still stuck in the past? With the same man? Who was supposed to end his journey with you?

“No way! I'm falling into that trap again. Love ain't meant for me. It's solely awarded to people who treat it as a boon. They felt it. They were among the simplistic people yet held onto each other as if it was a precious diamond they had managed to snatch from the rest of the world. Treating each other's shortcomings as the biggest pros. Prosperity didn't feel like leaving their house. It was definitely a serene feeling. I had never envied them until this very moment when I finally acknowledged how love was actually meant to be. People have their own definition of love. Why did I want what they did? It's right! We desire for stuff we know we'd never have. Would it have been different if I chose Jung Hoseok back in those days? Would my life be like them? They'd still be alive today won't they?”

The if's didn't seem to end in your mind. One feels the extreme wrath of guilt after trapping themselves in the karma of fate. Making it really hard to decipher between right and wrong. “Aiden knows something, which I don't. He ain't any normal person.” The thought of a serious conspiracy being webbed in your presence scared you.

“Will they kill Namjoon? As much as I dislike that ruthless mafia. He still owes me a debt. I won't let him die in the hands of others. He deserves the worst. None can imagine. Wait for me Namjoon. Wait for your death!”