FROST

He stared at the scene, shocked. Icicles now covered the house once bathed in sunlight.

What did he just do? The entire house was frozen. One look at his parents told everything. They had been terrified. They had cried out and were scared nearly to death.

What...? How? He backed away from the sight. Hands pressing on the walls that now was coated in ice. He knew now what his parents meant when they called him a monster.

"Don't take the gloves off." His mother had said. "You need to keep that monstrous power to yourself."

He ran into the woods. Those years where he could not take those things off. No matter how rebellious he was. The day when the weather became snowy in school, while it was in the middle of a summer heat. Was that his doing? A gleam of sunlight fell on his face, warming his features. He felt lighter now.

I can't go back there.... But, where do I go? He thought as he looked back. He had managed to climb a mountain path so now he got a better view of his destruction. The house was now living a winter haze. His home shattered right before his eyes. So did the welcoming smiles of his parents.

His fingers moved to put on the gloves in his pocket but to prevail. It seemed he had misplaced them. Perhaps it was at work that day? Or somewhere else. He didn't know. All he knew was now he had to depend on other things such as controlling such a great power that he now held.

Looking back once more, he gave a silent goodbye with a sad smile appearing on his lips. Turning away, he walked the opposite way down the mountain trail.

Entering the village that he had once smiled towards, he found everyone staring at him with much shock or would say staring at him with a look of worry. As if they knew of his mishap back in his home already. As unlikely as it was, it didn't stop him from thinking.

A man gestured him in his keep. This one was a friend of his parents and also the maker of his gloves. Inspecting him closely, the man seemed to piece everything together. "So.."

Frost shook his head. "You do not want to know." He grumbles as his eyes looked straight away from the man who was now nodding in realization.

"Curious, what's the point of gloves if you can remove and misplace them no?" The man said with a hushed tone as he placed a hand on the other's shoulder. "Do not worry. I know a place you could work for or at least train in at the very least."

He was in a confused state. "Know someone..?" He murmured. "How? And where?" The man in front if him gave a tut tut as he placed a finger on his lips.

"No questions asked, just come this way." The man replied, taking his hand and moving away.

He led him through the massive corridors as they found themselves in front of a giant door that was fully locked with multiple locks to ensure safety.

The thing behind it must really be important for it to be locked away like this. A few minutes passed and all the locks had been removed. In they went for Frost to notice that they were surrounded by tunnels. On top of the tunnels were each of the symbols or banners of the remaining nobles. The old ones that is.

Tsuki, HellFire, Damaris, Kurayami, Hiroshima... Misheru. His eyes landed at Misheru one. The clan that no longer existed. Due to their apparent stupidity in leadership.

It never occured to him that they took the turn of the Tsukis until he saw the castle set before him. Its dark aura gave him no words to describe it. Best described as what commons would call a haunted mansion, he found himself by step. Face-to-face with a Tsuki at that.

"Pleasure to meet you, Frost." He said, holding out his hand to be shaken. With much hesitation the male did do so eventually. "Hesitant. I like that." The man smiled. "Come in."