DAMIEN

Damien's eyes grew heavy within the second. He has not been able to sleep since 2 days ago. He was too angry and too focused on other pressing matters these days.

"My Lord." His eyes came back to their rightful positions as he straightened himself from his seat. "Daemonis. What is it?" He was as annoyed as could be. After all, he had given a specific order not to be interrupted in his rendezvous.

"Apologies for the interruption, but a connection to the Damaris has been found sneaking our residence." Damien's eyes lit ablaze with absolute fury at the sound of that name. So they decide to indulge themselves in his secrets now, do they? "And er... Let's just say our men aren't exactly – how do I put this – acting nicely towards this specific guest."

"A nuisance like that cannot be good." The Misheru answered his voice clear as day when it came to his anger. "Dispose of him. As immediately as you can possibly do so." "As you wish. Glory and honor be to the Misheru Empire." Old words. Words that was still in tip of every person's tongue. The Misherus still brought fear in the eyes of many. Especially now in these dark days.

Damien knew he must rest, but... He needed a little something before seeking sleep. As he slowly buttoned his shirt, a knock came from the door. A sigh escaped his tired body as he opened it. Only to be stunned to see Daemonis holding the well-mannered daughter of the Damaris. Arianne Damaris.

"...what is this thing doing here?" His eyes set only on Daemonis, not bothering to pay attention to the desperate female who looked at him with a look of begging.

"I don't know sir. She only says she will..er.. only answer to you, sir." Answer him alone? B*llshit. This female just wanted his body and his favour.

He gestured the two in. He didn't want to, but who had another idea? Arianne seemed to desire his attention. "What do you want this time, Damaris?" The cold tone startled the female in front of him as she stammered an excuse of her visit. "Your lies are pitiful."

Arianne gulped in response, the man in front of him held the most bored look. Why wasn't her charms working on him? "I'm being serious." She whispered, her voice shook as her body sagged. At least she pretended that her body was that way.

‘...’ His eyes set towards the girl. "How utterly pathetic. No wonder you lot are not the greatest rulers of this empire's entire line." A laugh let loose as he laughed. "You are the worst of your family did you realize?" He stood up and grabbed the girl's chin roughly. Arianne yelped as tears came due to how hurtful it felt. "Even Sorana seemed to have more potential." With a movement he let her go and she fell on the floor, touching her chin.

His eyes lingered towards Daemonis who seemed to give him a disapproving glance before returning to his normal expression. "Well?" He asked with a smirk plastered on his lips. "Are you going to explain your actual reasons or are we going to have to forcefully get it out of you?" His tone was threatening as his eyes seemed to be ablaze with pure rage.

Arianne shrunk as she seemed flushed with embarrassment at her state. "I just...wanted to see you." Her voice shook as she said it.