AAMON

An explosion of blood and guts erupted right in front of him.

I sigh at the sight. "Another one down. Nine more to go." These things have been roaming around the city for days.

Sooner or later they'll become a huge problem.

"Your Excellency..." My commander murmured, bowing before me.

"What is it?"

"Your wife.... Has brought a guest, my king." My eyebrow shot up in a questioning manner.

"Did I give her leave to do this, then?" My annoyance burned in me.

Lyanna was the most annoying bitch I have ever dated. And she had no respect for her husband at that.

"No my lord. You did not..." My commander would not meet my eyes. Which meant Lyanna had brought someone he had known I'd hate.

"Take me back to the castle and see to it that the rest of this area is searched. Every part of it. We do not know how many of these Daemons are out here." I ordered before I went into carriage. The commander gave me a nod and turned to search the perimeter.

The carriage started moving through the dark forests of the Underworld. I sighed deeply and leaned back. My eyes felt heavy as sleep took over...

"Sorana?" I asked the white haired.

"Aamon.... I...." I noticed the fatal wounds that gushed out blood.

"Sorana! Don't worry I....I can get help. I promise." The feeling of tears flooding my eyes brought me discomfort. I never cry....

Her eyes grew heavy with exhaustion. Her hand took mine as she murmured. "Aamon... Thena..."

I promised her she'd get to see her daughter again.... Our daughter...

Sorana shut her eyes and took a breath.

Tears came rushing out of my eyes.

I jerked up at feeling of the carriage stopping.

"She's not dead...." I murmured and gave a sigh of relief.

I stepped out of the carriage and went to the door. The knights nod at me and opened the door.

The moment I came in a little rush came in and knocked me on the floor.

"Daddy!!" My little girl smiled at me as she hugged me tightly.

"Hello, Thena." I hugged her back.

Thena giggled as I patted her head.

"Aren't you supposed to be doing your lessons, love?" I murmured at her.

"Miss Kim told me I can come here and talk to you." Thena said.

"Well let's get you back there, okay?"

"Okay daddy!" Thena beamed as I picked her up.

Miss Kim was waiting for us when we got there. "Your Grace." She murmured, blushing a bit.

"Here you go, Thena." I put her down on the chair.

Miss Kim went back to talking about the Underworld's history. I left them alone and went to the garden.

I heard Lyanna's annoying chatter. I also heard someone I hate.

Sophie Kuran. Shana's twin sister.

Lyanna seemed very entertained in whatever Sophie was flattering her with. I came into the gazebo.

"Darling..." I murmured as my wife and her friend looked up to see me.

"Oh hello Aamon...." Lyanna seemed to be annoyed that I had come back this early.

Sophie just gave me a smirk. "Good afternoon, Your Grace."

At this point my annoyance just grew worse. Her tone was playful and teasing.

"Darling, I don't recall giving you leave to host guests." My eyes flickered at my so called wife.

Lyanna gave me a small smile. "I apologize if I never mentioned it, but yesterday was Sophie's birthday so I wanted to treat her."

I gave a hum and looked at what was prepared for them.

There was barely any food on the table and Lyanna seemed to think it was a good idea to bring her chest of necklaces outside where anyone could see and get them.

I sigh. "As you wish. Happy Belated Birthday, Sophie." I turned and left them.

I went to my room and laid on the bed for a couple of minutes. Looking at the ceiling.

"Sorana..." I murmured, looking at the picture on my desk.

One of the only times Thena was allowed to see her mother

One of the only times Thena was allowed to see her mother. I shut my eyes and groaned inwardly.

She isn't dead, right? Twilight's the Phoenix's daughter she couldn't be dead....

And yet the bond that we share seem to weaken.

... I must go visit her.