Chapter 10 - strawberry

BELLES POV

"What's stopping you Maxwell?" I licked my lips staring into those green eyes again.

He still had me caged in his arms, making sure I wouldn't go anywhere. But he didn't speak, he just stared me down.

I would kill to know what was going on in that pretty little head.

"Well-"

KNOCK KNOCK

"Bells are you in here?"

Lily babes, not. right. now.

Leo quickly pushed off of me and turned to look away from me avoiding eye contact.

Fuck. My. Life.

I tried to compose my voice before shouting back "Yeah, uhm yep" God my voice sounded all husky and deeper than usual.

He had gotten me all hot and flustered and confused and irritated and UGH.

"We are sitting down for food now, just wanted to let you know before all the cake is gone!"

Leo still looked down at the floor while I answered her "Thanks...! I'll be down in a few."

I heard her footsteps walk away from the bathroom and descend down the stairs.

"We should ehm..." Oh god he looked at me as soon as I opened my mouth. His pretty green eyes were searching mine for something, anything. But he couldn't just do that and act as if we weren't one minute away from doing it on my sisters bathroom floor.

"Yeah."

I opened the bathroom door turning away from him and made my way down the stairs. I could care less if he was following me or not.

I almost hoped he wasn't but my hopes and dreams were crushed when I felt his presence behind me as I entered the dining room.

I hadn't been in this room yet but it was just as pretty as the other ones. The room was filled with chattering people and the clanking of forks and plates.

Lily and Tom were on the opposite heads of the table and I sat down in the seat to the right of her. And of course... Leo sat in beside me. I smoothed out my dress and reached for the champagne on the table.

Leo stopped my hands before I got there and poured it for me, oh wowwwwww what a gentleman. I rolled my eyes and took the drink from him.

"So...? Do you guys like the house?" Lily's voice broke me from my hating thoughts when she spoke.

Before I could answer, Leo jumped in once again. "Oh yeah, we loved the bathrooms..." Oh fuck me.

Lily's mischievous smile spread across her face. bitch.

She reached over for the cake when I looked at Leo in a "Didn't I tell you to not speak" Kinda face. And he winked at me.

This boy winked. This boy deadass winked. I could s l a p him.

I plastered a smile on my face so my sister wouldn't get suspicious.

After a couple minutes I felt Leo's leg touch mine. I waited for him to move it and nothing happened. As if frozen in time. Interesting.

And then another couple minutes he put a hand on my knee. What was he up to....

I focused on the question we were being asked so it didn't look weird "So how long have you two kids been together?"

"3-" "5-" oh god we both said different amounts.

I waited for him to take over the answer and he stayed silent. I finally answered for the both of us "4 months... I think? It all blends together, you know?" The old man raised an eyebrow before smiling.