~◇~

Let me tell you about our curse.

It is within the bloodline of the Silver clan, a hidden biodiversity village all known for their kindness, loyalty and soft-heartedness.

Or at least they were.

Their fate had been changed when a young runaway slave boy had taken shelter at one of the Silver's households. When the news had spread out, everyone had welcomed the boy with open arms, promising him full protection from his wicked owner.

But alas, the owner of the young slave boy was a witch.

Not an ordinary witch, but was known to have lived for more than 500 years and beyond. Who held more knowledge, more power, and more authority than anyone with having amounts of magic going as deep as an ocean's depth.

It has been rumoured that she was the infamous Grand Witch Daniella, from the royals' hierarchy, however, she has stated nothing against or for this statement. Yet a mouth to mouth assumption and connections has proven it to all enough.

And here is where everything went wrong.

One of the human villagers, his name unknown but is identified as 'Midas' barber' felt envious towards the slaveboy for humans were in low number in the Silver clan. The envious being wandered around, telling the incident of the slave boy to the river and tree nymphs, who whispered it around, the news dancing with the wind, to the young folk, to young travellers.

And now to the ears of Grand Witch Daniella.

For her certainty, it has been said that Midas' barber was taken by the nymphs to visit her, and once again extravagantly told about a runaway slave who had entered their village and all worshipped him like a ruler and lavished him with compliments and praise.

The Grand Witch Daniella was infuriated by this and granted the foul human all the riches of the world to him and all his generations behold in return for the information.

She paid a visit to the Silver clan and demanded the runaway slave be given to her. The foolish kind-hearted people agreed but with the condition, she would treat him with love and great care.

Her ego caused her to boil in rage and stated these words:

'Look at you all huddling a mere slave as if he is something so precious and worthy of being protected... Well if you wish to run your mouth for him so shamelessly then hear me all, people of the Silver clan,

'From this moment and on, all mere humans you find beautiful in any way, may you drain him and swallow him in your greed. No matter how much guilt will kill you, you will be satisfied with utmost euphoria at your doing. I curse you all with a desire most vile, eating and consuming all with the most vivid feelings you have ever felt in your life, starting from you to your generations beyond,'

With those words, it is said the eyes and the atmosphere turned scarlet red, and all turned to the slave boy, moaning out praises and compliments, ripping and swallowing whatever they could see of him.

Long after the slave boy was consumed, so were all the humans in that village, moans of their praises and screams of the people filling the cold air, fumed with fear...happiness...pain...joy...delusions...regrets...guilt...serotonin...

They all came to the grave realisation when they saw their beautiful blooming village now in a splatter of gruesome shades of red.

For the first time in their twenty generations, blood was drawn.

Now the damage was done.

The clan who were filled with happiness and harmony were now crumpled to nothing, feared by all and now in despair.

Soon everyone realised that they would only consume only humans for that was their curse. And eventually, the Silver clan would be ambushed by a ruthless attack for their safety.

With no choice left for them, they believed that they could now no longer be able to live their life freely and with joy as they used to, so they left their village burning in flames of the last ambush, believed to be the horrid man's army.

The man who had caused the village's downfall.

Midas' barber, now called the Golden Man by his people who all worshipped him like a ruler and lavished him with compliments and praise.

The surviving Silvers now blended with other people, blinding people by their random acts of kindness. And soon, it was as if it were a disease given to a child at birth, realising only too late that their child has a scar trailing down their spine, indicating their cursed fate.

And now some families choose to hide this identity from others, or some choose to abandon and neglect their child immediately.

I was a bearer just as so, and all had chosen to banish me from their household.

Do you understand now? Why do we resent you so much?

This curse may happen to all except the precious humans.

And the one responsible for this was a boy who took refuge at the Silver clan's village and a man who could not bear it and told all in his jealousy and greed for wealth.

And both were no other creatures but humans.