10

Perhaps standing in the storm of winter to feel better wasn't a good idea.

Especially if it meant spotting someone responsible for perhaps not the best things.

Of course, Joseph had decided to finish a job after leaving luke's house after the group study. Of course, he had to do it on foot instead of letting Henry drop him off on his bike.

After he was done with his "errands" it was then when a small drop patted his head, feeling the air turn colder and harsher on his face, causing his eyes to shutter with the opposing wind his nose turning red with threatening snot.

Of course, the day he decided not to bring his car and go to Luke's with Henry was the day the weather had to become a raging storm, matching the frustration of his life conclusions

He hung his head low to prevent his eyes from shutting from the cold wind, the leather jacket in his hands turning cooler to the touch, making his hands which were struggling to stay warm a faint blue.

The small patter had now become a downpour as the sounds of cars followed with the thousands of beats of ripples, the lights reflecting the zigzags of the tracing water. The sky becomes a cloudy ebony,  everything almost silencing into an aesthetic view of silver lines created by the reflection of streetlamps tapping the ashen pavement in front of him.

Despite how he felt throughout his day, this felt beautiful

Calmly beautiful

And he began pacing slowly, his attempts to protect his ribs were forgotten

While he saw it as something helping him sedate his thoughts, perhaps only 400 meters ahead of him, he would be greeted with the sound of the storm and the murmurs of dwelling people, the yellow streetlamps and white headlights alongside the red and blue flashers.

The scene which was taking place was approximately 15 minutes away from his apartment, excluding the cuts and turns of the way to get there, making it 20. Eventually while taking a turn he witnessed this scene across the road, and while many bystanders in front of him had stopped at a said point, watching from afar, he decided to do the same. He ensured he was within the hearing scope of the frowning passer-bys he looked from afar. The police were placing tape around the area where it took place, which looked like a convenience store. It seemed like the investigation was already over and people wearing the staff clothes of the store were agitatedly speaking with the police officers, pointing at several directions

'Another one?' he heard someone whisper next to him

'Yeah. Looks like it's a girl this time,'

'Oh, dear. May God be with her,'

'This city has really turned to a nightmare wouldn't you say,'

'You can say that again. I'm already planning to move out with my wife and kids. Who knows what else can happen?'

'I agree. I think we must leave. The police are just letting people die and I don't think they even care anymore,'

'I've been trying to convince my own spouse but he's so persistent,'

'I'm telling you the police are involved in this bullshit. It's a way to control our population,'

'They better find this savage brute and exterminate 'em,'

So people were already decided to leave. Joseph considered the thought for a moment. He had heard some students making such claims for themselves as well.

Should I leave as well?

It was a reluctant thought but could he? Not after the last call, he had with his family.