Chapter 7

(Dream POV)

I woke up earlier than usual today, feeling the need to go for nature's call. George was still asleep and I wouldn't really want to wake him up. The brunette doesn't really talk much either, making me feel kind of awkward in situations.

I realized George still hasn't have clothing yet, so I decided to just run around looking for a heard of sheep maybe to take some wool and a something to go with it. Woodland forest does have some heavy coated animals in the area, must be because of how they are capable of surviving here up north. Where as the oak forests to where I was originally born most consist of prays that are different in this land.

I successfully achieved my task, bringing a bunch of wool back to the den. I didn't really killed the sheep, just sheared them with a sharp object. This should be enough to make something for George. As I've returned to the den, seeing the omega still asleep and warmed by his own wolf form, I started to do what needs to be done next.

After a couple hours of sewing and putting the wool together, I was able to make a soft cloth for George. It wasn't too special or good looking, but at least this will cover him up when he shifts back.

I quickly noticed George's yawn as he stirred awake from his unconscious state. Opening his tired looking eyes as he scans the room, hazel brown eyes looking at my direction. He was quick to notice the thing im holding, knowing well fully on what this was about.

"Hey, good morning." I said to him, as he slowly walks up to me still on all fours. Noticing a different scent in my mate, as he rubs his head on my thigh before grabbing the clothing I had for him on his mouth and walking back to the makeshift bed.

George shifted back into his human form, putting on the thing I made for him. Surprised by how it fits him and feeling proud of myself, "It fits you George, I'm glad." The brunette gave out a weak nod as he ties the straps on the clothing, locking it up to himself.

"George is something wrong?" I asked, noticing the slight discomfort the brunette it having.

"It's my heat." George hesitated to say the last part, curling himself on the corner. "I might go in heat soon."

"Oh." I responded, not knowing what to do. "Do you need me to get anything?" I asked him, as he stares at me curiously. "What?"

George looks at me dumbfounded, "I-I thought you-" He says, realizing what he was about to stay as I stop him mid sentence.

"No George, I'm not that cruel you know." I said feeling a bit hurt that he'd believe such rumors. Sure I did kill others, but it was because they misunderstood me and attacked me first. "I'd never force you omega, it's not what I wanted."

George exhales, as he looks away from me mumbling something I couldn't quite hear, ignoring it as I walk outside the den. I made a mental note that my mate hates me and that he'll probably believe more on the rumours than his own mate.

But then again, I did force to mark him on the spot. I didn't really know what I was thinking at that time, I just felt something when I saw him. That feeling of claiming him as mine as he willingly sacrificed himself for his brother's sake.

Feeling a bit colder than usual, I started to just gather up some wood, not minding the fact that my mate could be in need of assistance right now. Striking the flint that I always carry and the steel, it created a spark that lit up the wood instantly creating a flame.

I dug out the remaining carcass from yesterday thay was fully buried in the snow, deciding to cook it while the fire is still burning. Taking apart the meet from the bones, and skewing them on a stick before placing them near the fire.

George steps outside the den, sensing the flame I've created as he slowly walks near me. I know I have told him to stay inside but since I was here then I would let it slide this time. George stood a few inches away from me making a worried look on his face as he squeezes his hands.

"What is it?" I asked him, as he stared into my eyes.

"C-can we go and f-find herbs?" He stuttered.

"Herbs? But its snowing in here, there probably isn't any around anymore." I replied, confused.

I heard George mumbled something again, before sighting as he looks to the ground, thinking of anything else possible to stop his heat from coming. "Uhm, but then what about my heat?" He asked.

I know that in some packs they use this type of plant to stop their heat and in other packs the alphas would be away from their den for a few days when an alpha she wolf or an omega is in heat. In my case, it would most likely be the latter option because the herbs needed for the first option cannot be found during this cold winter.

Alpha she wolves tend to have their heats twice a year but on the other hand tend to have at least four heats per year, which would most likely be unfair to them. But in this world omegas are basically what keeps the werewolf society to live down for generations.

I sighed, knowing fully of what I needed to do. I stood up from the log to where I was and walked up to the brunette. Carefully caressing his cheeks on my left hand as I hold unto his back on my right hand, pushing him towards me.

George flinched at the contact, feeling a bit nervous but at the same time relaxed due the mating bond. My left hand roaming down slowly to his neck, reaching for my mate mark.

"I'll be staying outside once you start to go in heat okay?" I said, reassuring the brunette as he gave me that looked of worry again, trying to figure out if I was lying or not. "George, I promise."

"Okay, I trust you." He said, as I smiled at him. Now embracing the omega unto my arms.